Scammers targeting Verizon Wireless consumers
GEN3181

I have been constantly getting phone calls from credit card vendors using Verizon Wireless cell phone numbers. Today, I decided to Text the phone number that was calling me and the person on the other side was completely surprised. They stated that they never called me but in fact, my cell number had called them! I asked around my office and 4 out out of 4 people all experienced the same issues. Credit Card vendors are using VZW customers' phone numbers to auto-dial and solicit. I noticed that each person I surveyed said that they often get calls from other phone numbers using the same Area Code and prefix as their own mobile number. Come on Verizon ... none of the AT&T and T-Mobile folks in the office had any complaints. Why is the ZVW customer's phone number so vulnerable?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Scammers targeting Verizon Wireless consumers
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never want for you to experience this calls, Gen3181. Here are more details to avoid the fraud/phishing http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/phishing-faqs/.

ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

It's not just Verizon. Don't take your office as your only sample pool. Spoofing is more wide spread than most people think.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never want for you to experience this calls, Gen3181. Here are more details to avoid the fraud/phishing http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/phishing-faqs/.

ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes