Samsung Convoy/Locator feature
ctrout

I just got a new phone, the Samsung Convoy.  I was using Chaperone Parent from my old phone but I can't figure out how to use the Family Locator feature from my new phone to find family members.  Whenever I try to install the application, it always installs as Chaperone Child.  I KNOW where I am!  Can anybody help me figure this out?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Convoy/Locator feature
Lee-Lee
Contributor - Level 3
  • From the main screen, press the center of the 5-way navigation pad to choose Menu.
  • Select Media Center or Get It Now then press the center of the 5-way navigation pad to choose OK.
  • Select Browse & Download or Tools on the Go then press the center of the 5-way navigation pad to choose OK.
  • Select Get New Applications then press the center of the 5-way navigation pad to choose OK.
  • Navigate to the desired application then press the center of the 5-way navigation key.
  • Chaperone Child
  • Chaperone Parent
  • Select FREE - Subscription then press the center of the 5-way navigation key.
  • Select the desired option then press the center of the 5-way navigation key.
  • Make sure you are selecting Chaperone Parent/Locator
0 Likes
ctrout

I have done that procedure at least 4 times now and Chaperone does not come up as an option.  The only option I get is "family locator member".  When I download that app, it ALWAYS installs as "chaperone child"  I need to figure out how to get "chaperone parent" on my phone.  Is this not an option with the newer phones?  Do I now only have the option of locating my kids from a computer over the internet?

0 Likes
LeonardM
Enthusiast - Level 3

@ctrout:

Hi C,

I have good news for you C, any VZW device can be used to locate your child, just visit the Family Locator mobile website fl.vzw.com on any browser and login.

Also, When you download "Family Locator Member" you see chaperone child, that is AOK.

The product used to be called Chaperone, and your device is an older device which still has the old application, which is FULLY COMPATIBLE with Verizon Family Locator.

You do not need to have Chaperone Parent on your device, just go to http://fl.vzw.com to access all the "parent" features of the product - locating your child, VZ Navigator driving directions to your child, studying when your child left school and when they arrived at home etc.

You can access this webpage without typing in characters, by visiting your Phone's web browser > selecting My Verizon > Selecting My Services > selecting "Family Locator" which will launch you into the login page.

On the login page use the LOCATOR's phone number (parents) and their my verizon login.

Thanks

0 Likes
LeonardM
Enthusiast - Level 3

@ctrout

One more clarification C,

The "Family Locator Member" application is only for the children, only for those family members you wish to locate.

It has nothing to do with the parent or Family Locator functions, which are done on the mobile web application http://fl.vzw.com

If your device has no web browser then you have to rely upon text messages. You can set up scheduled and arrival&departure updates to receive text messages to your parent device at regular intervals so you have frequent location text messages in lieu of a phone web browser.

However the Convoy has a browser so you should be fine.

0 Likes