Samsung Alias 2
tjsmommy

I bought a samsung alias 2, and put all my contacts in it.  but when i make a call, if i don't put the area code in, it doesn't log the call as the name in my contacts.  HELP!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Alias 2
Lee-Lee
Contributor - Level 3

Everyone's phone is like that. When placing a call you can either select from your contact list, or enter the number with the area code. You also have the option of saving your contacts in your phone without the area code. Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Alias 2
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

As Lee-Lee said, that is how cell phones work - the number has to match exactly for your phone to display the contact name.  And it is wise to store numbers with the area code, as that is how the phone "sees" them when someone calls you.  Besides, if you travel at all you'll need to input the area code.  Where I live there are 5 different area codes within a 50 mile radius, driving 15 miles puts me in a different area code and I have to dial all 10 digits to "phone home"! 

If you don't want to dial the full 10 digits, use your contact list or set up speed dials for those you call the most.  That's the whole point of having the contact list....no need to memorize numbers, just a name or speed dial # for family and close friends.

0 Likes