Re: SIMULTANEOUS RING FEATURE for NOMOROBO!!!!!
Tidbits
Legend

No wireless operator carries this.  FCC doesn't force it because...  It's privately owned and they are a for profit company. If they enforce it then it becomes a monopoly or anti-trust which makes that against the law as there could be potential competing products.

When people see AT&T and say they carry it don't realize it's for their digital phone service and not their traditional service, and not their mobile services.  Same goes for Verizon.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Yes, this is true.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Surf1div1 wrote:

IF your service provided what NOMOROBO does we would probably use it. How is it that the feature that you don't provide is carried by ATT?

You are correct, it IS carried by AT&T. AT&T Uverse, that is, NOT AT&T CELLULAR. AT&T Uverse is AT&T's broadband internet service which ALSO includes a digital phone service. THIS is what carries Nomorobo. If you had bothered to research this BEFORE making your statement, you would realize that Verizon DOES carry Nomorobo. It just happens to be Verizon Fios carrying it, which is Verizon's branch equivalent to AT&T Uverse.

stansongman

Verizon Wireless, please make simultaneous ring available so I can use Nomorobo to stop being barraged by robocalls.  I get calls regarding my parents from doctors/etc., whose numbers I don't recognize, so I end up having to pick up.  Very annoying.  I have this on my Comcast landline and it works great.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

So they did another way to circumvent the old requirements?  They are not being detailed about it. The way it worked required the carrier to do a lot on their end that makes it not free for them even if the service itself is free.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

It troubles me to say the least that a person either won't answer  call that they don't recognize or that they are forced to. But I bet in the event of an emergency of a loved one and they didn't pick up or the call didn't come through, there would be complaints about it ir threats to go to an attorney because the call ca from an unauthorized number.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

white600 wrote:

Most of you on Nomorobo probably got this today.  Come on, Verizon, get with the program! Either join them or create your own.

I certainly don't understand this statement. The photos you posted say that this service works on ALL mobile carriers so why do you say Verizon needs to "get with the program" if it already works on Verizon???

I also notice that this Nomorobo service which is offered for mobile phone IS NOT free like it is for VoIP landline providers. This reinforces my claim that in order for Verizon to have added this service previously WOULD have incurred cost for Verizon, contrary to what many other have said that Verizon could simply allow Nomorobo to work on its network. If there WAS NOT some sort of cost involved, why is Nomorobo NOW charging for the mobile service AND it amounts to $60/year. I don't think all those people who wanted a FREE service will be clamoring to sign up now.

If people complain about the $5/month for their entire account for up to 10 lines, it seems reasonable they will also complain about $5/month for only 4 lines as indicated in the flyer you posted.

0 Likes
Foodcop48

Your answer is not helping!

0 Likes