SHARE EVERYTHING . . DOA ?
rrutl
Contributor - Level 2

I HAVE YET TO SE WHERE ANYONE IS TOTALLY CONVINCED THAT THESE PLANS ARE OF BENEFIT TO THEM. SOME EXPOUND ON HYPOTHETICAL BENEFITS, BUT LARGELY NO ONE SEEMS WILLING TO BUY INTO IT. MY POTENTIAL EXPENSE WOULD BE EQUAL TO WHAT I HAVE NOW BUT I WOULD LOSE UNLIMITED ON MY MAIN LINE AND IN TERMS OF ACTUAL DATA USE, I WOULD LOSE AT LEAST 5 GB. ME THINKS THE PATIENT MAY NOT SURVIVE THE RIDE TO THE HOSPITAL, WHAT I MEAN IS THAT EVEN THOUGH THE PLAN WILL LIKELY BE "IMPLEMENTED"  I SEE LITTLE OR NO EVIDENCE THAT PEOPLE WILL ADOPT IT. NEW CUSTOMERS MIGHT BE FORCED TO USE THE PLAN, BUT WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD CHANGE IF THEY HAVE THE "OPTION"  ?   THIS PATIENT HASN'T EVEN BEEN BORN YET AND SEEMS TO BE IN CARDIAC ARREST. NOTHING LIKE OFFERING A NEW MENU ITEM (TRIPLE CHEESEBURGER ANYONE ?) AND EVERYONE IGNORES IT. THE CS LINES ARE CLOGGED UP WITH COMPLAINTS AND PEOPLE JUST WANTING HELP FIGURING OUT WHAT THIS MEANS IN REAL TERMS. THIS IDEA IS A MISCARRIAGE (OF SANITY AND JUSTICE) HOW CAN THE PEOPLE AT CORPORATE BE SO OUT OF TOUCH ?  WHERE WERE THE FOCUS GROUPS . . AFTER ALL IT'S GOTTA WORK FOR US NOT JUST WALL STREET.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: SHARE EVERYTHING . . DOA ?
rrutl
Contributor - Level 2

I think I left out a comma in line 4 apologies to anyone offended

Sandman_CA
Contributor - Level 2

No one's offended, because I'd be willing to bet most people didn't even read your post once they saw it was written by a kid typing in caps.

icerabbitje
Enthusiast - Level 3

Seconded.

All Caps = Skip reading. Punctuation or not.

PJNC284
Master - Level 2

No worries.  He'll probably need to create another account soon once this one gets deleted.

FamilyOFair
Enthusiast - Level 2

But to your point - this new "Shared Plan" is AWFUL.  The idea of sharing data is good but having to pay $40+ a phone and for unlimited minutes that will never get used is bad deal.  Its a major added cost for most users.  And why so few options?  Why not create a more customizable plan that allows real families to add a line for a young family member (i.e. new customers, next generation) without adding another $50 a month to the bill.  Its an everything or nothing option; either "share everything" or leave Verizon and find a more economical alternative.  If the options don't broaden within the next month we will be leaving Verizon after many years of otherwise satisfied service.

Tidbits
Legend

FamilyOFair wrote:

But to your point - this new "Shared Plan" is AWFUL.  The idea of sharing data is good but having to pay $40+ a phone and for unlimited minutes that will never get used is bad deal.  Its a major added cost for most users.  And why so few options?  Why not create a more customizable plan that allows real families to add a line for a young family member (i.e. new customers, next generation) without adding another $50 a month to the bill.  Its an everything or nothing option; either "share everything" or leave Verizon and find a more economical alternative.  If the options don't broaden within the next month we will be leaving Verizon after many years of otherwise satisfied service.

You know... MAJORITY of users use their PHONES as PHONES right?  This option isn't great for everyone.  Just to think it's DOA because a handful of power users...

0 Likes
FamilyOFair
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am not a power user - I mainly use my phone for voice and e-mail, some text and very little data.  I have a BB that I use for work and two basic phones for my wife and son.  My kids want the data and I would happy to upgrade my older child (son) to a Smart phone and get my younger child her first basic phone but the cost to add a Basic phone for texting and occasional calls is no longer $10+/m, its $30+/m and it forces me into a completely different plan where Basic phones make no sense ($30/m for Basic and $40/m for Smart) and ultimately costs me another $100/m.  That's not family friendly.

0 Likes
Not applicable

For the past year, people have been coming to this board SCREAMING for a smartphone without a data plan.  Everyone was asking for voice, text, and email, without having to pay for a $30 data plan.  Evidently, not many people want a basic phone anymore.  Well guess what?  Verizon has answered their call and given them the plan they were asking for.  I agree, with the new plan, a basic phone no longer makes much sense when, for an additional $10 per month you can have a smartphone.  I don't think $40 per month is at all excessive for a smartphone with unlimited voice and unlimited text.  Now, $50 for 1 GB may seem really excessive, but no real data user will purchase only 1 GB.  Most smartphone users will want 2 GB for $60 or 4 GB for $70, or 6 GB for $80.  The more they use, the more reasonable the per GB price becomes.  And, by eliminating the unlimited data plan, they solve the problem with "data hogs" who pay $30 and use 20GB, 30GB, 40GB, or more.  The 1GB for $50 probably only makes sense for a family with 3, 4, or 5 smart phones on the account who really only want voice, text, and email.  I think this plan fits them perfectly.

0 Likes
FamilyOFair
Enthusiast - Level 2

So how many families do you think there are with " 3, 4, or 5 smart phones on the account who really only want voice, text, and email" and what do you think it would cost them to have this privlege?  Four Smart phones with 1G of data is going to cost close to $300 per month after fees and taxes and first the family would have to spend between $500 and $1500 just to buy the phones (under a two year contract) and another $30 each for Verizon just to set them up. 

Its not a family-friendly plan.

My 13 year old does not need a $600 (replacement cost if it breaks or she loses it) phone at a cost of almost $50 per month just so she can text her friends and call her parents on occasion.

0 Likes