Rude Call Center Representative - Mobile Number Change Fail!
comfinity

Since I couldn't choose my mobile number when I activated my services, I went ahead and processed a number change on Verizon Wireless' website. Due to my parents strict religious beliefs, it took me about 3 hours to find a number that meant something to them. I changed my number 3 times but the last one - WHICH WAS THE MOST MEANINGFUL TO US - did not go through. I was at the screen where I have the option to pick the effective day of my brand nUSED number when the website decided to route me back to home page - without any confirmation of a SUCCESSFUL transaction. So, I went ahead and repeated the process BUT the number was already switched to a different suffix. Since I already stayed up until 5am looking for the most meaningful number, I went ahead and called for tech support and spoke to Amanda. I explained everything in full details. I specifically told her that the number I chose was available{just minutes before calling!) and that I found it by filtering by state and city to Auburn, Wa. According to Amanda, the number is not available in their pool of numbers. I had advised her that it was on their website and that system/website error during the number change probably sent back the number to their recycle bin and would need to be released so that it can be available to be re-assigned. I was advised to call back later to see if the number will be available. She assured me that I will be able to pick a number that suits me in case the number doesn't become available on my call back. An hour later, I called back and was helped by a different agent - a very rude agent! She raised her voice and made it seem like I lied about the number being available online. She cut me off multiple times and repeated the same line as if I don't understand English when I was just explaining what had happened.  I gave up retrieving the number as she continue to raise her voice at me. I then asked if I could pick a number (like what Amanda told me). Once again, she raised her voice and talked down to me by telling me how their system works and that I can't pick a number. In addition,  she said that the number is not available and is assigned to a Verizon employee. I guess now I know a Verizon employee's mobile number. What ever happened to  FCC's CPNI rules? Curious as I am, I went ahead and called that MEANINGFUL number to see if it was active and what do I get? The company's recording that the number was changed or no longer active.

I searched all over the internet and found out that there were so many instances when customers was able to pick a number from your available list as well as numbers being released before the 30 day quarantine to be assigned to customers who requested for them.

So if anyone out there... who is very much knowledgeable on recycling numbers and re-assigning to new customers... PLEASE HELP.

I'm sure calls are monitored for quality and training purposes so PLEASE, if needed, validate my calls.
* Amanda's outgoing call to my landline number ending 0667 initiated on 12/15/13 at 5:03 AM(Tacoma, Wa.) - AMANDA WAS GREAT BY THE WAY. SHE WAS NICE AND VERY HELPFUL. UNFORTUNATELY, I HAD TO CALL BACK AND TALK TO SOMEONE WHO SEEM TO NOT CARE ABOUT CUSTOMERS.

* Ininitiated outgoing call from my landline ending 0667 at 12/15/13 at 6:28 AM(Tacoma, Wa.) to Verizon's technical support and connected to Agent Rude.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Rude Call Center Representative - Mobile Number Change Fail!
Not applicable

There are only so many numbers and normally you can only get a randomly chosen number when you request a number change.

Some providers like Sprint allow a customer to use a vanity name or number so people can call through to you. I know of no such provision in Verizon Wireless to do this.

I doubt in this whole world religion plays a part in your telephone number assignment. Sort of like when motor vehicles gives out a license plate and it has "666" in it. That is totally unbelievable in that huge telephone companies even care about such things.

But hey who knows what goes on in this zany world.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

Not applicable

There are only so many numbers and normally you can only get a randomly chosen number when you request a number change.

Some providers like Sprint allow a customer to use a vanity name or number so people can call through to you. I know of no such provision in Verizon Wireless to do this.

I doubt in this whole world religion plays a part in your telephone number assignment. Sort of like when motor vehicles gives out a license plate and it has "666" in it. That is totally unbelievable in that huge telephone companies even care about such things.

But hey who knows what goes on in this zany world.

Good Luck

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Comfinity,

I am sorry to hear of your recent experience with our Technical Support representative. This isn't certainly how you are to be treated, so my apologizes for this. I would be more than happy to speak to you directly so we can submit the feedback. If you could please follow me and send me a direct message to get in contact with you.

Thanks you bring this to our attention as it helps improve your Customer Service experience.

-karenC_vzw
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

- You'll need to send a Follow request to (in the upper right-hand corner of their profile page) that they'll have to approve.  They likewise will need to send you a Follow request that you'll need to approve.  Once you both are Following each other, then you can send them a Direct Message.

0 Likes