Re: Roll over data
pherson
Champion - Level 1

It's not a Verizon issue that you can't use your phone in the cabin in the rurals. Since you know this and accept this why not lower your plan? You're now asking "where does it go?" Think of it like that $1.00 coupon you got in the $4.00 newspaper that you didn't use. It expires, simple as that. There's no "room" that the data goes into waiting to be adopted, it doesn't go to other customers in need. It simply expires.

Best wishes.

joey2007ua64
Contributor - Level 3

reddeviltj wrote:

it seemed silly to see if they would roll over 14GB since that's what I came home with.

I routinely Carryover my entire 12GB plan allowance.  This month I have 32GB to use because I only used 7.5GB of my 8GB Bonus data. (8GB bonus + 12GB Plan + 12GB Carryover)

reddeviltj wrote:

I've already experienced that where I start the next month with just the 16GB because the carry-over wasn't used.

Look at your bill for the months you only had 16GB.  It shows how much data you used out of each data pool and how much unused plan data has carried over.

carryover.png

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

reddeviltj wrote:

I am a pretty intelligent technologically adept person..

VZ will not roll over the 4.44. I get that and knew that all along.

What I am getting at here is that part of my original 16 may not get touched. It also doesn't roll over.

That's what I've been trying to get at here. Where does it go? I'm not going to use my data to go back and do research on my previous statements here. I just have a simple question. Where does it go?

just to get what I'm paying for.

I have no reason to doubt your first statement and I suspect you already know the answer but wish to feign that you are perplexed.

All you need to know is that each month any of your unused plan data gets carried over. However it is not used first, but used only if your plan data is all used up.

Data is not water, it doesn't go anywhere. There is just a contractual agreement on how much data you agree you can use in a month without getting slowed down or having an additional charge.

You are getting exactly what you pay for per your agreement with Verizon. The agreement just doesn't match what you wish the agreement was (that carryover data is used before plan data), but that is really irrelevant.

DonPoynter
Enthusiast - Level 1

You not only failed to answer his question, you ignored his point the Verizon sells us data and then takes it away if we don't use it as rapidly as they dictate.

It's our data - give it back!

0 Likes