Robo calls spoofed from a number that shares the first 6 digits of your phone
CharlesRBasin

Usually people complain about robo calls in this community. This post reports a happier customer. In 2019 I would receive several robo calls every day where the spoofed number started with the same 6 digits as mine. It was a lame attempt to motivate you to answer since in the days of landlines, it meant that the call was from your neighbor. A few months ago I noticed that these calls stopped reaching my phone. I don't think it is the Verizon Call Filter since it does not show any of these calls. I wonder if Verizon implemented caller ID authentication in 2020.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Robo calls spoofed from a number that shares the first 6 digits of your phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We’re happy to hear from a happier customer, CharlesRBasin. Robo calls are certainly a hot topic, and you’ve pointed to the most common example by outlining the way the callers’ numbers appear to be “local” thus enticing an answer. After doing some research on the Call Filter FAQ page http://spr.ly/66081fIjG, I can assure you that the feature is in fact working to prevent these calls from ever reaching your phone. This is the reason you’re unable to see the calls in any “reports” or call logs. Does this help explain the details and answer your questions?

GeorgeS_VZW

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Robo calls spoofed from a number that shares the first 6 digits of your phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We’re happy to hear from a happier customer, CharlesRBasin. Robo calls are certainly a hot topic, and you’ve pointed to the most common example by outlining the way the callers’ numbers appear to be “local” thus enticing an answer. After doing some research on the Call Filter FAQ page http://spr.ly/66081fIjG, I can assure you that the feature is in fact working to prevent these calls from ever reaching your phone. This is the reason you’re unable to see the calls in any “reports” or call logs. Does this help explain the details and answer your questions?

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes