Ringtones
PMB61

I was able to purchase a Christmas ringtone, Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas is You" and am ready to get more ringtones.

I've tried four times and each time, I get a text saying "Congratulations!" but then it says "Content removed,your phone does not support purchasing copyrighted content."

What?  If it's here, and I pay for the ringtone, doesn't that make it proper?  Does Verizon want me to go to free sites instead?

Thank you!

Patty

Motorola Droid RazrM

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Ringtones
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should check your MyVerizon account online and see if you have any purchase blocks associated with your line.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
PMB61

Ann, I don't have any blocks on my phone.  I do, however, have some on my son's phone.

Something odd just happened:  I received an email telling me that I could transfer all of the ringtones from my old phone.  I had to check off which ones I wanted transferred and they wanted to charge me $24 or so to do it.  I was curious to see if the songs would transfer...didn't really want to pay $24 but figured with my luck, it wouldn't work.  So, I said YES to the transfer and paying Verizon.

Then, I get all these texts telling me "Congratulations!" followed by the "Content Removed" statement.

I'm really getting ticked off.  Anyone out there have any other ideas?  I'm thinking of finding a Verizon chat...I think they have one.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

With the blocks on your son's line, I wonder if it might help to temporarily remove all the blocks and try again. You might want to call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from another phone and go through each line of account and verify which line has which blocks. They should also be able to help you get the ringtones resent and hopefully give you credits for having to resend them.

Good luck.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes