Retiring a phone, buying a Full Price New Phone - Unlimited Data
MS_Biz

I want to retire a DroidX which is part of a Family Plan we have of 3 phones, 1400 minutes and Unlimited Data and replace it with a Samsung Galaxy S3 probably purchased from a third party due to Verizon's full retail pricing.

Will this work, will we be able to go through the normal deactivation/activation process online or go into a store and pay them to do it and maintain our current plan. Absolutely NO CHANGES to our plan must take place. We are no longer under contract, I do not want to go back under contract and will not give up Unlimited data without a fight.

Some advice here please.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Retiring a phone, buying a Full Price New Phone - Unlimited Data
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can activate the phone online through your MyVerizon account when signed into the account as the account owner. You will likely have to request a new SIM card be mailed to you if one wasn't provided. You can also get a SIM card at the local corporate store free of charge.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

since you can get a sim card free from a local corp store, just have them activate it.

its free, and easy.

it should not change you plan.  i just did it, painless

MS_Biz

ok didn't know anything about needing a SIM with Verizon. Thanks. I agree having the store do it makes sense however I can see that taking 2 hours as I've been in that store.

So no backdoor gotcha going from a 3g to a 4g phone and Verizon saying that breaks your Unlimited or anything? Since Verizon is charging full retail for the S3 do you have a third party source you would go with in buying an S3?

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

everyone will charge full retail

the only way to get it less is graigs list or ebay

just make sure the esn is clean

noproblem with my data from 3g to 4g

the longest part about a vzw store is the wait, the actual process is 5 min

0 Likes
MS_Biz

No you can get sub retail all over. Verizon 16GB is the full $599, 32GB for $649. Amazon and others range from $540's to $600's but who do you trust is what I was getting at. Folks like xpressphones which are $50 cheaper and no tax, Amazon which is $650 for 32GB but $680 for 16GB Blue. It's a total mess trying to compare, decide on model and then trusting the source.

Do you even look at 32GB for the average user? Coming off a DroidX that has proven to have plenty of memory along with it's 16GB card is 32GB overkill but then again why not for $50? Headache

0 Likes