Reporting Service issues without service and land line access?
dgronceski
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since Verizon makes it extremely difficult to report poor coverage, I figured I would just place this information online in hopes of an agent reading and reporting the problem.

There is little to no Verizon coverage of all types (4g3g/1x) over pretty much the entire campus of the Illinois College in Jacksonville Illinois which is about 2 miles off I72 and about 20 miles west of Springfield Illinois.  Actually the entire community has poor service from Verizon yet US Cellular and AT&T seem to rock the area with full 4G. From talking to students and faculty this is a long known problem and in many spots there is absolutely zero voice coverage, forget about data from Verizon.  We have *228’d the phone many times out by I72 and my dad and mom’s Android 3g/4g smart phones phones do not work at all either.

It seems that this is known by Verizon, as I have seen coverage problem reports on the web dating back to 2008 regarding this area in the Verizon forums.  Certainly Verizon can do something to remedy this, especially being so close to a major Interstate and when other carriers have great service in the same area, come on AT& T is horrible across 70% of Illinois yet they work in Jacksonville, now that is embarrassing.  It would be nice to actually be able to let my daughter use her phone even forgetting about data but come “cover 97% of the people” I know that is not true.  Let's go Verizon, my friends on AT&T and US Cellular and Sprint all get better service (they can make calls, at least)... on Verizon we can't do anything even with roaming enabled!

This forum says call customer service 1-800-922-0204 from landline or *611 but that doesn't work for my daughter and I'm in mexico this week.  There has got to be an online way to report issues?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Reporting Service issues without service and land line access?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Their Twitter, Facebook or Google+ pages are an option. Marking your post as a discussion within 15 minutes of creating it so it can be funneled to the VZW reps that roam this community forum and will likely reply in a few days.

Those are the options besides calling them or going to a store.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ann154 wrote:

Marking your post as a discussion within 15 minutes of creating it so it can be funneled to the VZW reps that roam this community forum and will likely reply in a few days.

I think you mean marking this discussion as a question. 

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

dgronceski wrote:

We have *228’d the phone many times out by I72 and my dad and mom’s Android 3g/4g smart phones phones do not work at all either.

*228 shouldn't be used if you have a 4G phone; PRL updates are handled by the SIM card.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

From the coverage map, Jacksonville, Illinois appears to be in an "extended digital coverage" area, which I take to mean that it is serviced by towers other than Verizon towers.

You may have better results going with a provider which has better service in the area.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

tikibar1 wrote:

Ann154 wrote:

Marking your post as a discussion within 15 minutes of creating it so it can be funneled to the VZW reps that roam this community forum and will likely reply in a few days.

I think you mean marking this discussion as a question. 

Yes. Darn brain is faster than my typing skills.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
dgronceski
Enthusiast - Level 2

Would love too, but family has Verizon in several states including other college towns Tempe AZ, Macomb Illinois, Jacksonville Illinois and home in Rockford IL we have used Verizon for years.

If daughter changes companies just for Jacksonville Ill, do we all change?

Remember AT&T has horrible coverage in most of illinois yet they rock in a dinky little college town in south central Illinois, go figure.  Verizon says they cover 97% of the nation and their maps are quite clear about the areas they cover including extended coverage.  Verizon is misleading people as although extended does mean covered by someone else it does be coverage is supposed to exist.  Verizon can not have it both ways and frankly, family cannot have a bunch of different plans and I really want to avoid switching everyone.  When I get back in the US I'll call the 800 number and see what can be done for daughter but Verizon should have chat support not just chat sales so stuff can be done online.e would think Verizon would want to know where people have coverage issues..

On

0 Likes