Re: Reporting Dead Spots
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SuzyQ, thanks for helping us support dwatchley with information on how to update a 4G device. You are correct. Briefly removing the sim card to soft reset the device on our network. For more device support tips, click http://bit.ly/y5iuoj

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dwatchley
Enthusiast - Level 2

Assuming for the sake of argument, how does one remove the SIM from a Motorola Razr Maxx?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

dwatchley wrote:

Assuming for the sake of argument, how does one remove the SIM from a Motorola Razr Maxx?

The SIM card on the DROID Razr Maxx can be accessed by the door on the left side/edge of the phone. See attached pictures taken of a friend's own DROID Razr Maxx.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
apacit

I have had bad coverage in an area that should do well. I am in a mixed use development near a major mall. Now they are building multiple apartment complexes in the area and I am concerned things will just get worse. I am located at 4620 Piedmont Row Dr, Charlotte, NC 28210. Our development is Piedmont Town Center with many upscale restaurants, shops, offices, and condos. I have tried a network extender but it dropped calls too. Any help would be appreciated.

John

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

apacit

I'm sorry to hear about any trouble getting the service you need! I'd love to take a look at what's causing this trouble together. I did send you a Direct Message. Can you reply to this please so we can continue working together? Thanks!

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jea0712

My family were so excited to go to Hobbs,NM from Houston, Tx. I was too confident that our GPS through our Iphones would work. When we reached Highway 190West to Eden, Texas approximately about 60 miles our phone(S) signal were lost!   I really panicked since I did not print out a hard copy of my directions prior to, it was really scary knowing the area was really isolated and it was a long, hopeless drive. Good thing was my friend and his family riding with us, he had 2 phones 1 carrier was Verizon also that happened to have no signal too, and his ATT Iphone that I just had to borrow his hotspot until we reached San Angelo, Tx! It was really frustrating, as all I thought you are the most reliable network of all. During that incident by the way, our signals were fluctuating from "Extended" to "No Service" or vice versa even if I tried resetting our phones and all the Network settings, all the effort was made but no success. What if our friend was not there, and we had an emergency situation that needing 911 call, there was none, this really made me almost felt having a heart attack because of the threat to our safety...

0 Likes
scottjhecker

There is a dead spot near the intersection of Mira Mesa Blvd. and Scranton Rd. in San Diego.  It is a commercial area with a lot of high-tech companies.  I am unable to make calls when I leave work until I am on the highway at least a half mile from this area.  

0 Likes