cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

Reporting Dead Spots

Miembro

How does one report a dead spot?  Is there any specific contact information?

Labels (1)
Pestañas (2)
Highlighted

Re: Reporting Dead Spots

Expert

Call customer service from another phone at 1-800-922-0204 and report it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

We are always here to help with service issues dwatchely. You can post your issues here, call us, chat with us, or send us a message on FaceBook or Twitter @vzwsupport. What is your zipcode and where are you having issues? What phone do you have? Are calls dropping or are you able to make a call at all?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

Highlighted

Miembro

Gracias.

My zipcode is 11050, I can give more precise location information privately if you wish.  I have two phones on my account, both of which have identical problems from my location; the first is a Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD, and the second is an Apple iPhone 5.

The basic problem is a very weak, poor signal at my location.  Most of the time I cannot call out from my location on either phone - the phone simply won't connect to Verizon's equipment on the other end.  I can receive some calls on either phone at my location, but those calls frequently drop during the middle of the conversation.

The signal strength indicator on the phones always show a poor signal; often on the Droid (which is the phone I use), the signal will drop down to 1x with only one bar showing.  For example, right now as I type the phone is showing a Network type and strength indication of "1x = -102dBm".  I've taken the phone outside and walked around with it and the signal strength is still very weak within a radius of about a 5 minute walk; it gradually gets stronger after that.

According to the Verizon coverage map, this area (zip 11050) should have a very strong signal and full 4G LTE coverage, but I'm lucky to get 1x at my location.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

You should be updating you towers everyday, it takes 2 seconds, for me it is *228 option 2 it will ping every tower in your  area. Good luck with it. it's really been a big help for me.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

I appreciate the idea but using it doesn't make a bit of difference.

Turning the phone off, waiting a while, and turning it back on doesn't make a difference either.

Message was edited by: dwatchley

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

*228 will not do anything for a 4G phone - try removing the SIM and reinserting it to re-establish the network connection.  Also, be sure your network is set to LTE/CDMA mode, not Global.  I've seen phones reset to Global on their own and the connection is flaky.  Set to LTE/CDMA and things improve.

Highlighted

Líder Sénior

KittyRocks wrote:

You should be updating you towers everyday, it takes 2 seconds, for me it is *228 option 2 it will ping every tower in your  area. Good luck with it. it's really been a big help for me.

Kitty - every day?!?  When I had a 3G phone I updated once a month or so, or if I was traveling out of my home area.  Once a day seems a bit excessive.  But if it works for you, there's no harm in doing it every day.

And *228 is useless for 4G phones - they contain a SIM card that carries the network information, and *228 is for 3G and basic phone.  Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Roger that dwatchley! I appreciate you sharing your zip with us. Having the best services is definitely important. I can confirm that the area listed would be listed as a Marginal Coverage area with issues occuring from time to time is accordance to what you've advised. I can advise that our engineers are aware of this area. We constantly work to improve these types of areas. Unfortunately I would be unable to advise of an exact timeframe. However, I can confirm that we're aware of the issues. Please keep us posted if we can be of any additional assistance, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Thanks.  The only thing I find rather ironic about this is that there is a fairly large Verizon substation of some sort three blocks from my location.  One can only hope that the new high-end condo building going up two blocks away will be impetus enough to get the local service area upgraded; wealthy people tend to not like having marginal cell service.

0 Likes