Re: Report Poor Coverage
cycodave

I am having the same issue.  I work from home and starting right around 9:30ish am PT I lost coverage and data transmission from my personal phone.  I tried several times to send text messages with nothing happening other then them showing they were sending.   After a couple mins I tried calling the TFN (0204) to talk to somebody so I could report the issue.  It took a couple a times to get a call out as the call would never connect eventually timing out and giving me error tones and the phone display would show a message that I was not in my home calling area.  Ummm, yeah, yeah I am as a matter of fact I couldnt be anymore in my home area as I was standing in my home.  Eventually I got a call thru the IVR and off to sit in a queue to wait on a rep.  As usual there was the standard message about holdtimes are higher than normal blah blah blah...yeah cuz you keep laying off your employees to help finanace your stupid media ventures that fail one after another.  Anyway back to the issue at hand.  So just after being told my call would be recorded for quality assurance purposes the call disconnected.  Yup. so that was a little rude.  So I called again.  and again and again and well i tried another half dozen times with not one bit fo success ever getting to a live person so they could tell me they dont see any issues in my area and im due for an upgrade and they have something cruddy on sale right now....blah blah blah.  So over 12 hours later and still have the issue.  I forgot to mention my work phone is VZW as well and its an iPhone my personal is Andriod and BOTH ARE HAVING THE SAME ISSUE!  Not able to make outbound calls.  Text msgs start failing in both directions.  I go from 4 bars down to zero to no services to out of service to 2 bars and all over the place.  After about 15-20 mins both phones "blow up" receiving txts alerts, vmail alerts (for the calls I missed), 50 back to back push notificiations etc....my phone is having a nervous break down from the constant back and forth of no service to "here's two hours of alerts, notifications, emails, texts, reminders..AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH" OK maybe the phone can handle it but I don't want to.  I PAY YOU TOO MUCH MONEY EVERY MONTH VERIZON.  So much, it feels like my phone should be living like a Kardashian or going to USC or Yale to join a sports program it's never played a day of in it's life.  

And to answer the questions coming I have restarted the phone serveral times.  I even went as far as to remove the sd-card and SIM card from my Andriod and rebooted again all to have it power back up and start failing again.  Without giving any personal infomation I can tell you the zip is 92672 and  the tower is right next to the 5 freeway very close to the high school.  I am pretty sure you should be able to determine which tower I am accessing based on that so if you could have someone take a look at all the channels on that tower that belong to you guys and see if something is possible off or alarming or maybe if a homeless person has made themselves ..."well at home in or around your tower location" it would be extremely appreciated.  

0 Likes
timmifoxx
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just switched from AT&T last week and I am alreadt regrettting it. I get no data service at my work location. Either inside or out of the building. At leasdt with AT&T i had great internet connectivity. When you look at the coverage map of course it is all red so I should have great coverage. But no!. My signal driops about a 1/8 of mile from my office and picks up about half a block down the road when I leave. Absoultey dissapointing that here are three visible cell phone towers close but I guess the belong to the other companies. address and zip here is [removed].

Personal information removed by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Welcome to Verizon Wireless, timmifoxx. We're honored you chose us.
I’d feel disappointed too if my experience was the same on the nation's best network. You’ve provided a number of great specific details, and we don’t want you regretting the switch. To understand more, are you having any issues with voice calls there as well? To pinpoint an additional detail, what are your download and upload speeds when running this test?
https://www.verizon.com/speedtest/

DavidH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Tinbender
Enthusiast - Level 1

Shows 31 download speed and 1 upload speed. I havent seen 3 bars in months. Usually 1 bar while driving on interstate. I get 2 at home. Everything has slowed down in the past 3 months. Been a customer 15 years and this is the first time i have needed to shop another network. I pay verizon way too much every month for cruddy cell service.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We don't want to see you leave the Verizon family Tinbender, especially after being with us for 15 years. Let's gather some information to help get the service you deserve. We'd like to check the areas you're having trouble at. May we please have the nearest intersection, city, and state where you're having trouble? Also, do you know of anyone else having the same issue (friends, family, neighbors)?

StevenM_VZW

0 Likes
Pireland777
Enthusiast - Level 1

I live in Hempstead TX 77445 and we have had a bad storm roll thru early this morning. I work on towers for T-MOBILE and know how it works. The tower close to my house is down and my service is terrible. I have 3 children and my wife at home with no service to call, text or Internet usage. Couldn't even call customer service. My question is when is the tower crew or technician going to troubleshoot this issue? I'll come change the RRU if necessary. 

Please respond asap. 

Philip Ireland

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Pireland777,

We never want to see anyone going without service, especially when needing to remain connected to your family at home. I want to do all I can to get to the bottom of this.

I am looking into the local area for information about any potential service interruptions. In the meantime, what indication have you received that the tower is down? What is the current signal status of your devices?

ColinH_VZW

0 Likes
Rhiannon1060
Enthusiast - Level 1

No service here either!  Cell phone is only phone most people use.  My 80 year old mother needs to be able to have this in case of emergency!

0 Likes
Rhiannon1060
Enthusiast - Level 1

How can I call 611 when there is not service!!!!!!  What a stupid thing to tell people

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rhiannon1060, we never want you to be without service. We are here to help. 

What city and state are you located at? What model phone do you have? 

Also, if you are not able to contact us by phone, you can always reach out to us on Twitter or Facebook. We also provide online chat service at vzw.com/contactus 

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes