Re: Replacing HTC Droid DNA with HTC One?
glen8ak
Enthusiast - Level 1

I fixed the SIM problem on my HTC Droid DNA by cutting a piece of plastic from a thin id card and inserting it into the SIM slot on the backside of the SIM card, on the side opposite the copper contacts.  I knew from reading these posts that Verizon didn't acknowledge that there was a problem here, and that they would just replace it at best with something likely to be just as defective...I have never experienced the issue again after doing this fix, it has been 8 months of trouble free operation.  The issue is simple, the sim card does not fit tight enough, although it sure seems like it does, and it occasionally loses contact on one of the pins that let it communicate with the rest of the phone-perhaps the slot it fits in is made a little too wide, or the contacts do not have enough spring pressure, but this fixes it, just make yourself a spacer about the thickness of a match and slide it in behind the SIM card, or slide it in with the sim card at the same time, and save yourself having to deal with the overly polite but not at all helpful Verizon staff!

Re: Replacing HTC Droid DNA with HTC One?
warren__
Enthusiast - Level 1

I been having that same SIM card error issue going on for months now .. even after that OTA update the problem still occurs 4 to 5 times a day my phone is only a year old .. I need you guys to replace my phone. How can I go about that