Replacement Phone
joemcgrathjr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

My name is (removed).   Back in August 2014 I had moisture or water in my phone.  I was having issues with it turning on and restarting.  I went into your Exton, PA store and specifically saying I what my issue was and was in search of a replacement phone only.   I was told it was going to be more going through the insurance company which was another issue with your company.  But what happen I was upgraded to your Edge Plan which I have an upgraded phone and a free tablet.   With this tablet I was given a second phone line which I do not use and do not even want.   I ask a number of times if this is going to raise my bill and was told no.  Well your sales reps where wrong again.   My bill went from $ 79.00 to $ 114.00 a month.   I spoke to a number of associates on your Facebook Chat and finally spoke to someone this morning over the phone.   I was told I can disable the line so I am not charged.   My experience with this last upgrade has been the absolute worst with your company.   A customer from anywhere comes in, speaks to you, or requests a specific product and given absolutely not at all what I was asking for.    I am not sure what the associate was thinking that day but just to sell me products I don't want and need but I work in sales and understand the customer.   Before your associates have any customer enter to any of your stores have the ask all the questions first instead of just saying well I have the correct plan, products, and services which customers like myself are on a strict budget and your associate definitely didn't do what was what I ask for.   I am very disappointed, unsatisfied and unhappy customer at this point.   I definitely will be sharing my experience with all my friends and family when they make the decision on who to choose for their services.   If you need to speak to me more on this situation my email address is (removed) and phone is (removed).   Hope the company has the full experience of how it was from the start of working into your store cause I am very unsatisfied as a customer.

>> Personal information removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Replacement Phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good evening joemcgrathjr!

I apologize for any confusion surrounding your recent upgrade and the added line of service for the tablet mentioned in your post. Clear disclosure is our main priority when it comes to adding lines of service and processing upgrades. Please review your receipts from that transaction as I am confident that the addition of the line for the tablet is clearly noted on it. I also highly recommend editing your original post as it includes personal information and you may receive unsolicited/unwanted calls or email.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
joemcgrathjr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Who would would be the contact person within Verizon Wireless to escalate my issue?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

So you went into a store to buy a replacement phone and walked out with a new plan and a tablet added to your plan?  You might want to look here:Leadership | Verizon Wireless

since it has been 4 months since you started this thread.

If nothing else works:  http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/pdf/Notice_of_Dispute.pdf

0 Likes
joemcgrathjr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hell Snn5,

I appreciate the suggestion.   I submitted one last night.   Hope you have a great day.

Joe

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello  Joemcgrathjr,

Every store visit should be awesome! It saddens me to hear that this did not occur on your recent visit to the Exton, PA store. We definitely want your billing to be accurate. Every new line of activation should be explained in detatil, we can file feedback on the representative to upper management for training purposes. Do you have the original sales receipt of purchase from the store? It should should show if an additional line was added and signed for. Have you been back in the store to speak with the sales associate who processed the order, or the store manager to explain what occured?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

joemcgrathjr

You walked out with 2 devices... Did you sign a contract for the purchase... (Yes).   Did you read it?   No.  No one does.

When a business offers something for free that has a $200 value, you should be thinking, "what's the catch?"

IN this case a $10 a month line fee for a tablet for two years, with ETFs if you cancel the servIce.

please, be more sceptical of "free" offers.

0 Likes
Dannyd415
Enthusiast - Level 2

hello my name is Daniel Derek. I have been having nothing but problems with my phone ever since this phone update. I never attempted to update the software on my phone it has done it itself and I was never told or help with the issue the first time. I put in a request for a replacement phone and the phone I got had the previous update on there and all I was told was to try my best not to allow the date to push through. for a month now I was doing OK until recently I went to sleep and forgot to turn off my data and my wifi and woke up to the update being downloaded on my phone and I constantly was receiving notification to install update. I've tried my best for months now to keep from the update happening but due to the fact I was waiting on an important text and call to come through I went to send a text message and at that point in time the notification popped up and I accidentally pressed install. I try my best to quickly take off my protective case but to no luck I was unable to do so before it started updating. I have put in a request to get a replacement phone and hoped it would have the previous date on it but to no luck that have happened and since then every replacement like new phone I received have not worked. It would not connect to my wifi it would not work with my data my phone quality has been very poor and also no signal along with my apps not opening or working. I was recently told that you guys will no longer do anything for me even though I have done nothing wrong and its not my fault the phone doesn't work with your update that got pushed through my phone. I only remember requesting to replacement phones but for some reason they are telling me I have 5 on file and that I have no other options and I have to buy a phone at full retail price. I do not have any money to spare on a new phone on top of paying my phone bill as it is right now all I want is my phone to work the way it has been working previously and I cannot get any help I just want my phone to work please can anyone help me. I just want my phone with the previous update so all of my apps and things work the way they're supposed to. I need a phone that works because this is how I make my living I have missed work because of this and I just want someone to help me. I know there's a way that someone can put the previous phone or get a phone from the manufacturer that doesn't have any updates on it. I'm not looking for any trade secrets or anything I have contact Google about this and they sent me to Samsung and Samsung keep sending me to Verizon and Verizon sends me to Samsung and Samsung said its not their issue because Google made the operating system but google says it's not thing they can do

mama23dogs
Legend

IF you dig up your customer agreement, it states you own the phone, but not the software on it.

you must accept software updates.

not liking the update is not a reason to return a phone.

work with what you have, learn the new UI.

Dannyd415
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm trying to get a phone because the software isn't working correctly and has messed up my phone. Not because I don't like it. I don't care about software version or being picky. I just want my phone to work and that is my issue. I have received 2 replacement phones and neither of them worked. My data doesn't connect nor does my wifi, my apps will not load or if they do I get a blank screen. I have on both occasions been on the phone with people from tech support for over 3 hours trying to  fix the issues. I even went to best buy and had them do that fucking reflash or flash or what ever the hell you call it and the phones still do not work. My calls are non existing  at home and work now. And I missed out on a very important job call because of this bullshit. So before you start jumping to conclusions make sure to read what I write in its entirety please. The update that was put on my phone has created this issue that is preventingmy phone from working correctly. I bought the phone because of what it provided and now it's not providing anything.  I'm not a picky person and care about having the latest technology. I just want the product I bought to work. And because verizon, Samsung and Google keep pointing fingers at each other no one trying to help me fix my phone.

0 Likes