Relied on what in-store rep said, now I think she misinformed me.
alhty8

I was finally getting off of my mom's plan with Sprint (which is awful). I had heard really good things about Verizon, but the prices are always so much higher than every other carrier. However, I found out that my company provided a discount and I got really excited. When I went into the store to set up my line, the representative told me that all I had to do was enter my e-mail for the validation process and then the discount would be applied to my account. I am on the unlimited talk and text with 1GB of data single line plan for $60.00. I even asked the rep if the discount would apply and she said yes. Well it's been a few months, and even though I have validated twice, my discount has never been applied. If this plan isn't eligible for a discount, then why did the rep tell me it was? I'm thinking she just outright lied to me to get my contract. This is horrible customer service. If this is the case, and Verizon doesn't do something to remedy the situation, I am definitely not renewing my contract in 2 years and will dissuade anyone from signing on with Verizon.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Relied on what in-store rep said, now I think she misinformed me.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

alhty8

I'm very sad to hear about any misinformation regarding your employee discount on your plan! The 1GB single line plan for $60 is such a great deal, additional discounts cannot be applied. Normally, our More Everything 1GB plan is $80 for one smartphone line! The plan you have is already a 25% discount off of our regular plan. If you would like to switch to More Everything and apply your employee discount (if it's more than 25%, I would recommend this), you can do so right on My Verizon http://bit.ly/xB4iTc

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

alhty8

I'm very sad to hear about any misinformation regarding your employee discount on your plan! The 1GB single line plan for $60 is such a great deal, additional discounts cannot be applied. Normally, our More Everything 1GB plan is $80 for one smartphone line! The plan you have is already a 25% discount off of our regular plan. If you would like to switch to More Everything and apply your employee discount (if it's more than 25%, I would recommend this), you can do so right on My Verizon http://bit.ly/xB4iTc

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Jiminraleigh
Contributor - Level 2

You asked...yes, she lied.

The obvious response from you is what can you do about it?

Answer, nothing. Once you signed the contract, no words from any sales person count. You company discount is likely 15% - as are most...and they only apply to a small portion of your bill.  You may save $5 on a $60 plan. 

You got what you got....and you have it for 2 years. It is in the contract.  Only T-Mobile will pay your 350.00 ETF to leave...

Good luck.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Go back within 14 days and return everything. Pay $35 restocking fee walk away and that is what you should do. If after that time you are stuck in a contract.

0 Likes