Recycle Program is a SCAM!!!!
Inert76
Enthusiast - Level 1

so Verizon... How are you going to make this right???

Email Says Less Than Expected -‏

Email correspondence removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Recycle Program is a SCAM!!!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Inert76,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am very sorry to hear that you had trouble with the trade in of your phone. We certainly always want you to have an enjoyable experience with us. For all matters of the trade in value, that would be handled directly through the Trade in team who can be reached at 877-247-3846. I am sure that they can explain and clarify any issues and help as best they can.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Inert76,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am very sorry to hear that you had trouble with the trade in of your phone. We certainly always want you to have an enjoyable experience with us. For all matters of the trade in value, that would be handled directly through the Trade in team who can be reached at 877-247-3846. I am sure that they can explain and clarify any issues and help as best they can.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
Strongus

They got me for the exact same thing. It is a total scam. I have been a customer of verizon wireless for over 15 years and they credited me $36 for my appraised $200 Iphone 4s because I "didn't follow the instructions properly" by "disassociating the email address associated with the phone in the Find my IPhone app". The unbelievable thing is that when i traded in my other phone not more than a week before at the Verizon store and the store rep couldn't after over 45 minutes of trying, disable the find my phone connection, he just manually submitted the recycle and I got the full $200.WI

SHAME SHAME SHAME ON YOU VERIZON!

0 Likes
TexasPeach
Enthusiast - Level 2

This program is absolutely a scam.  I wish I'd done my due diligence and read this board before I sent my phone in.  I had an iPhone 4s and I just upgraded my phone - only because they had a promotion in March to upgrade to the 5c for free.  Otherwise, my 4s 16GB phone worked just fine.  The phone had been kept in a case with a screen cover the entire time I owned it.  It was pristine.  So I logged on and got an estimate for 200.00.  I figured that anywhere between 100 and 200 dollars would be a fair price for a phone in such good condition.  So when I received and activated my new iPhone 5c, I backed up all of the 5GB of apps and data on my 4s, then I removed find my iPhone, and reset the phone to the factory settings.  "Hello" was streaming across the screen, just like the phone was brand new.

A few days later I received the envelope to return the phone to Verizon.  Yesterday I logged on to see the status and it read "phone will not power up".  That is an absolute lie, unless Verizon did something to damage the phone.  The phone was in perfect working condition when I sent it to them.  I called customer service.  I got bumped from person to person.  Finally I asked for a supervisor.  The gal that came on the phone "Courtney", was rude and not very helpful.  She did say that she was escalating my complaint.  When I asked her who her supervisor was, she said, "I don't have one".  I asked who do you report to?  Her reply was "No one."  I said, you are not the CEO, you have a boss, what is their name and contact information?  She refused to give it to me and then put me on  hold - for almost 10 minutes.  Another lady who was nice but not helpful, came on the line and claimed to be her supervisor.  She also claimed that someone from customer service would be contacting me.  Nothing.

Today I get my voucher for 36.00.  That is a completely unfair amount for a 16GB iPhone 4s that was in perfect working condition.  Obviously after reading all of these posts, the standard Verizon response is "The phone will not power up".  Because of Verizon's lack of customer service, unwillingness to discuss the matter, and general lack of cooperation from their recycling program department - this seems like a major scam to screw people over.

We have been loyal Verizon customers since their first merger with GTE.  We spend quite a bit with this company on domestic and international service.  After major customer service problems earlier this year, I almost left.  When I asked them to deactivate our account they suddenly became super customer service oriented.  Now that I've upgraded one of our phones and we are in a contract, they are back to their old lack of customer care.  Shame on me for getting sucked back in.  I have no problem paying the fee to break our contract, and I am currently shopping other wireless providers.

They keep giving me the same phone number: 877-247-3846.  They keep telling me the same information - that there is no way to discuss the problem.  Basically I get what I get.  Shame, shame on me for remaining a customer, shame on, shame on you Verizon for treating people like this.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Or you all could just go to a store and have someone process the trade in correctly to make sure you're getting what you're supposed to.

0 Likes
TexasPeach
Enthusiast - Level 2

I couldn't disagree with you more.  If Verizon is going to offer a service for their customers, it shouldn't be surrounded by controversy and bad customer service.  If they can't get the mail in program right, they should discontinue it and require people to take their phones into a service center.  As a business owner, I cannot believe they treat people in this manner.

Inert76
Enthusiast - Level 1

so after tons of complaining here, on their Twitter and Facebook pages, and to both customer service phone #s, they finally gave me the full $200 credit. I should not have had to make such a scene to get what I was promised, but at least they came through in the end. I guess

TexasPeach
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same thing here.  I just got a new voucher.  After many calls, being on hold, publicly reviewing the recycling program and much complaining.  Still never heard back from anyone at customer service directly.  I would still say go sell your phone yourself, or physically take it to a store.  I've read too many posts from people who mailed in their working phones only for Verizon to try and screw them over.  Why should customers have to fight for what is fair and right?  Is it too much to ask for decent customer service?

Dobbspeach
Enthusiast - Level 1

I wish I would have thought to check on the return process before. I sent in two iPhone 4s phones that belonged to myself and my husband. I reset both phones to factory settings. My phone was appraised for $27 and my husband's for $150. My phone functioned but was definitely scratched up. Yesterday I receive an email from Verizon with a gift card for $27 in regards to my phone. There wasn't an email regarding my husband's phone.

Today, I did a check status for his phone and saw there was an "Adjustment" reason stating his phone was scratched and lock wasn't deactivated. What??!!! Are you kidding me? His phone was in perfect working order. I can assure you it wasn't damaged, scratched or locked. I called the trade-in number, talked to the rep who informed me of the "escalated" process. So, now I wait for 7-10 days to find out if we take further action. What a scam. So disappointing.

#1 I didn't even receive an email about the status of my husband's phone. I had to search on my own for info.

#2 I get an email/gift card straight away about my banged up phone.

If your phone isn't appraised high and you acknowledge that then more than likely you'll receive the pocket change. But, if you have an undamaged working phone then it suddenly has "issues." I pray this is resolved in the correct manner. This is no way to treat people Verizon.

Bobsiphone
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sent in my Iphone 4 with an estimated value of $100.  Received $14.  I called and they said it was due to scratches on the screen.  There was one small scratch that was hard to see.  Other than that, phone was like new.  DO NOT USE THIS PROGRAM!