Recommend Verizon?? Not on your life!
Lucy200
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would NEVER recommend Verizon to anyone for several reasons:

1  --  to get help with anything is a vicious cycle of automated 'help'  -- including hanging up on you if they don't have the option you're looking for.   You can not get a live person.

2  --  If you are lucky enough to find a live person after calling their dozens of 800 numbers, that person reads from a script and can not think for himself.   He has no authority to make any decisions at all.

3  --  Once Verizon has your money, you will NEVER get it back.   For example, if you have auto pay on a service, and discontinue that service before the next billing cycle, you won't be able to recoup the money they already took from your account.    Or, if you have a pay as you go phone, and you have not used up all the dollars in the account, you won't be able to get that money back if you discontinue that account.

4  --  Verizon is a huge corporation and as such, they do not care about the little people.    They just care about raking in the money.

No more Verizon for me after this contract expires.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Recommend Verizon?? Not on your life!
Tidbits
Legend

Never had a problem dialing 611 then hitting option 4 and then saying rep. At times I may have to wait a bit, but I still talk to a live person.

Lucy200
Enthusiast - Level 2

hmmm . . .sounds like you work for Verizon and monitor their boards . . . .

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Do you want me to break down everything line by line about your misconceptions and industry standards?

Also I don't work for Verizon. They'll never pay me enough to leave my current job and I'd have to leave Hawaii.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Lucy200 wrote:

I would NEVER recommend Verizon to anyone for several reasons:

1  --  to get help with anything is a vicious cycle of automated 'help'  -- including hanging up on you if they don't have the option you're looking for.  You can not get a live person.

Dial 611 from you handset and use option 4 and say rep.  You WILL get a live person 100% of the time.

2  --  If you are lucky enough to find a live person after calling their dozens of 800 numbers, that person reads from a script and can not think for himself.  He has no authority to make any decisions at all.

True and false at the same time.  You don't have to call dozens of 800 numbers.  Just 1 of two numbers.  They do have to follow policies.  Any carrier for that matter does this.  There's a limit on what a rep can and can't do.  No company has exceptions to their policies without going higher up.

3  --  Once Verizon has your money, you will NEVER get it back.  For example, if you have auto pay on a service, and discontinue that service before the next billing cycle, you won't be able to recoup the money they already took from your account.    Or, if you have a pay as you go phone, and you have not used up all the dollars in the account, you won't be able to get that money back if you discontinue that account.

You still have to pay for the billing cycle you didn't pay for in the previous cycle.  You have think you paid for the previous before the end, but you didn't.  If they took money for that then you authorized them to do so.  You can tell by looking at your bill.  No prepaid carrier I have used ever refunded any unused prepaid amount.

4  --  Verizon is a huge corporation and as such, they do not care about the little people.    They just care about raking in the money.

This should be any publicly traded company, or any business for that matter.

No more Verizon for me after this contract expires.

Why wait for your contract to expire.  I believe Sprint, and T-Mobile are willing to pay your ETF.  Sure you may need to pay out of pocket first, but you should get it back. 

0 Likes
Lucy200
Enthusiast - Level 2

i'm not disputing you, but that was the EXTREMELY frustrating experience i had with them this week  . . . and it was not a misconception since it all happened.  And i have no doubt at all that there are other customers with the same experiences.  Not everyone has the smarts you have, and the 'little people' like me have these experiences of which you so cleverly avoid.    it makes us hate dealing with these kinds of companies.   'just sayin'

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

You'll find the same results on any carrier or any business for that matter. I deal with all the carriers(except Sprint. Haven't had their service since some things happening and policies they didn't break even though their system was obviously at fault. Long story)for job related purposes. Things rarely frustrate me. With the whole Sprint thing going on. I got it resolved, but I had to go above reps and I knew what their policies were.

0 Likes
Lucy200
Enthusiast - Level 2

Maybe because i work for a company which has 'Best Place to Work' awards for many years running, and has a 97% customer satisfaction rating, i expect other companies to be the same . . .  but obviously  -- WRONG!   and thus my frustration.    I really just wanted to vent and get it out there . . . that if you're looking for good customer service, you won't find it at Verizon.    That's all I really wanted to say.  They don't care about their customers . . .they just care about their bottom line.

Re: Recommend Verizon??  Not on your life!
Tidbits
Legend

Where do you work?  I bet I can find similar complaints that you have.  No company can keep 100% of customers happy 100% of the time.  Just because you work in a place that has the "best place to work" doesn't show everything that reflects against their policies.  So does that mean they don't care about customers where you work at?