Reception and dropped calls
kershawa

I have had numerous dropped calls on my way home from work and have lousy reception at my house. I have updated my roaming and programming on my phone and it has not helped one bit. I have been living with it for the last year, my cantract is just about up so I am definatly looking into other carriers in the area. I have done the research and found there is an Alltel tower just north of town, about 3 miles, but doesn't answer why I have bad reception at home. Is there some end in sight or some solution for this? I have called Verizon and there has been no effort on their end to help the situation, they said to update your roaming via *228 and I can't even do that at home.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Reception and dropped calls
MAX658
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am right with you..

I feal that if a service map is showing you have coverage in an area that you should have it ,, a cable don’t show you have ch 10 , 13 , and 54 ,, and then you don’t get them or it’s a on and off thing ..

If you in a weak service area ,, then they should show that on your  map , so you know what your getting before you buy don’t hippie up that your the best , then give a person the run-around after you have the service ..

We all pay out good money and we should get what we pay for , that should be the bottom line

0 Likes
Re: Reception and dropped calls
MAX658
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was looking closer at the service map and seen this ,, not much help but  , I Gus it's the way of thing's....

as to you moveing to another Co ,, I think CDMA is the best service you will get...

some  CDMA providers  are  Verizon  / Sprint ,,  some US Cellular

=============================================

These Coverage Locator maps are not a guarantee of coverage

and may contain areas with no service.

These maps reflect a depiction of predicted and approximate wireless coverage of the Verizon Wireless Network

and the network of other carriers.

The coverage areas shown do not guarantee service availability,

and may include locations with limited or no coverage.

Even within a coverage area,

there are many factors, including a customer's equipment, terrain, and proximity to buildings, foliage, and weather that may impact service.

An all-digital device will not operate or be able to make 911 calls when digital service is not available.

Some of the coverage  area includes networks run by other carriers; some of the coverage depicted is based on their information and public sources and

we cannot ensure its accuracy.

====================================================================================================

0 Likes