Rebates are fraud & customer service is horrible.
rebatesarefraudd

The first time I bought this phone in a Verizon shop, the sales rep explained to me how to send in a rebate but he did NOT tell me that I had to cut out the barcode and mail it in. And I'm young, so I haven't really done these rebate things yet to know that I was supposed to do that.

So when I got an email with a tracking number, I checked it out and it told me that my rebate was invalid. So I call verizon, and again, they did not tell me to cut the barcode out. My rebate said I was missing proof of purchase and I asked if a receipt would do, and the guy said yes, it would. He also sent me a rebate form in SPANISH. My last name clearly illustrates I am not spanish. So I go into a verizon shop, and this time another guy finally tells me how to do it correctly.

SO I mail in everything he told me to mail in, including the barcode, and Verizon sends me this little card saying that my rebate was STILL missing proof of purchase. I STAPLED the barcode to all the documents that I sent in!

I call the rebate center and there was this woman with an annoying indifferent commercial voice, talking like she was already ready to tell me my rebate was never going to happen.

I will never be buying a phone with a rebate from Verizon again. My parents once did a rebate from them and it was successful, but that was a long time ago. The second time we had to get a rebate from them failed.

Also I know I'm not the only one in this position after seeing all the failed rebate attempts on this forum

Labels (1)
Re: Rebates are fraud & customer service is horrible.
budone
Legend

Did you READ the rebate form???? The rebate form is very detailed in how to send in for a rebate, even including an example pic of what barcode to send.

Always everyone else fault when we screw up.

rcschnoor
Legend

rebatesarefraudd wrote:

The first time I bought this phone in a Verizon shop, the sales rep explained to me how to send in a rebate but he did NOT tell me that I had to cut out the barcode and mail it in. And I'm young, so I haven't really done these rebate things yet to know that I was supposed to do that.

If you are unsure how to do these "rebate things yet" because you are young, I would suggest reading the directions listed on the form which you are filling out. As budone has stated, detailed instructions are clearly printed on the form. And after successfully receiving each and every rebate(at least 5, probably more) I have submitted to Verizon without ever having a problem, I can confidently say "IF YOU FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS", you WILL receive your rebate.

lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

rebatesarefraudd wrote:

I will never be buying a phone with a rebate from Verizon again.

I suggest you don't buy anything with a rebate from anywhere. They all will invalidate your rebate if you don't follow the directions.

0 Likes
Suzabell

That has nothing to do with the poor customer service that Verizon allowed Brighthouse contracted campaign to perform.... I have tried about 8x to get some resolution to no avail. I have went back to both several time.... it is really bad business.

0 Likes
Donsoccer

>> Duplicate post removed for cross-posting violations of the

See   for original message <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Jeremy1129
Contributor - Level 2

Again with the rebate being very specific on how its done, also admitting you lost the barcodes does not fall on anyone else but yourself. Im pretty confused on calling it fraud when you are the one who caused that to not work out.