Rebate SCAM, Or Trade-In SCAM?
VerizonScam

First, don't ever deal with Verizon on 209 So. LaSalle St. They don't care.

Second, how many of you bought an iphone 6 with a $200 rebate promised on your old phone? Do you have physical proof on your receipt you are getting a $200 rebate? (Answer: No) Then went online where no rebate or promo code is available, and then called Customer Service and was told to work with the branch, only to have the branch say that it wasn't a rebate, but a trade-in, and it expired last night. If you had this happen to you, or did nothing online last night to get your "trade-in" for $200, good luck, you will get $32 for your old phone. I cancelled my order and will buy my iphone 6 under someone else's promotion. Don't trust this one. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Rebate SCAM, Or Trade-In SCAM?
Slogal32

I ordered 2 iPhone 6, on Sept 24, based on a $200 rebate for each my 2 existing iPhone 4s.  I was given an Oct 17 ship date.  I received my phones on Oct 9th with no instructions on how to get my rebate/trade-in credit.  Today I go to a Verizon store to turn in my phones only to be told that they do not take them in the retail store, unless I wanted $50 for them and to check online.  I called customer service only to be told that I missed the Oct 15 deadline (two days ago) and they would not honor their promotion.  They told me I was supposed to be told to register for the rebate when I ordered the phone.  Which I was not.  They offered to give me a $20 credit on my bill for 12 months.  I am waiting for a call back from a supervisor at this time.  However, after reading some of the horror stories on here, it looks like even if I had made the deadline, they would have jacked me and only given me a $36 credit anyway.  I have been with Verizon since they took over my account from a previous company.  Sad to see how they treat their customers.

0 Likes
Re: Rebate SCAM, Or Trade-In SCAM?
rosemmm

Hello,

I pre-ordered three I phone 6's during the promotional period in September because all three of our old I Phones (two 4s's and and one IPhone 4) were eligible for an upgrade in September and we would get the $200 rebate on each phone (we had all our "ducks in a row" and I truly tried to follow all the Verizon rules and regulations).  I placed my pre-order on the phones through Verizon's Customer Service so that I would not make any mistakes with my order, after finding out that none of the Verizon stores had any phones in stock.  My new I phones shipped and were received last week (around October 16th).  In the meantime I had received an email stating that I needed to fill out some form to be eligible for a  trade-in rebate when I purchased an I phone 6 at a Verizon store.  So I called Verizon Customer Service and asked if I needed to fill this out (three times for three phones) since I had pre-ordered my phones and wasn't buying my new ones at a store .  Verizon Customer Service told me I did not need to fill out anything.

So now after visiting three different Verizon stores I am unable to get anything more than $30 or $35 for these phones because I failed to fill out some form before some arbitrary date in October.  I have been on the phone with Verizon Customer Service three times and every time I am told that they are sorry, but that's the rules.  No $200 rebate, even though I was "misinformed".  Really very poor customer service. 

I plan on filing a complaint with the State's Attorney General.  This is done online.  I would suggest that anyone else with the same problem file a complaint.  It would help if everyone who was given the wrong information and is losing money on this "rebate"  would fight back for what is rightfully theirs.  Thank you for reading.  

0 Likes