Rebate Misinformation
bmeaves1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I purchased two LG G5 handsets on 05/13/2016 under the BOGO promotion at the time.  As I was checking out, I realized it was a rebate offer and my heart sank -- I know how these rebate situations tend to go.  I continued my purchase and afterwards found there was very little information to direct me on how to redeem my rebate, how long it would take, or how the rebate would be delivered (bill credit, check, gift card, etc.).  After some digging, I found the rebate website and promptly attempted to submit my rebate.  I was denied the first time because I did not include my contract for the payment plan on the devices.  It took Verizon a week to get them available for me to download from the website.  I resubmitted with the requested information and have been waiting patiently ever since.  In the meantime, I check with a Verizon CSR and was told that rebates are verified 45 days after submission and a VISA gift card is then mailed to the recipient.  I left the issue alone seeing that it would be 6 weeks until I would see anything but "Pending" status.  Fast forward to today, and at 46 days, I still see "Pending" on my request.  I check the FAQ on the rebate center website, and in several places it states that your rebate will be received within 3-4 weeks from submission, which differs from what I was originally told.  It's now been 6 weeks with no word, so I do an online chat with a CSR at the rebate center.  While very pleasant, he just spouted canned responses that were all available on the FAQ page, with the exception that he now said 8-10 weeks for receipt of the rebate.  What??  What happened to 3-4 weeks or 45 days?  I was extremely irritated, but I didn't want to unload on this poor guy, probably in another country, about this issue, but I did mention that the FAQ on the website says 3-4 weeks, not 8-10 weeks.  He said the information he had says 8-10 weeks, and I gave him the link to the FAQ page where it clearly states 3-4 weeks.  He said there was no issue with my submission that would warrant a delay.  I get that they don't want to send out a rebate before the 14 days "satisfaction" period is up, but it's been 6 weeks.  I've waited for my rebate promised to me in good faith long enough.  I've done rebates before with numerous businesses, but wireless carriers are always the WORST about misinformation and assistance with a rebate.

Verizon, if you're reading this, I have TEN lines with you, and I will be happy to cancel every one of them and go to another carrier if I don't get something resolved ASAP!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Rebate Misinformation
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

This is a customer to customer forum. You should call 1-800-922-0204 or click on Contact Us and use the address listed and send a letter via certified mail if you want to talk to someone at Verizon Wireless. On the rebate site there should also be a phone number for customer service.

bmeaves1
Enthusiast - Level 2

The certified mail option is my next step.  I've tried calling customer service, and I just get "well, that's the rebate center's issue; I can't assist with rebate issues".  Thank you for your suggestion, however.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

The rebate company is not VZW. Calling VZW customer service is not going to get you assistance with the rebate.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bmeaves 1,

Waiting can seem like forever, especially when  is invloved.  can relate to how important your rebate is to you. We don't want to see you leave us over this. If there aren't any errors, your rebate is fine, and it's just a matter of time. It can be tracked online here: www.verizonwireless.com/rebates.

KatiM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SEASALT92

The same thing is happening to me, but I have in writing where they are willfully committing fraud.  I have started a facebook group to organize people for possible class action. (https://www.facebook.com/VictimsOfVerizonRebates/)   Check out my recent report on ripoffrepot.com. they specifically told me in writing and verbally for the first 12 weeks that Buy one get one was not a rebate so I couldn't submit anything to get it-  it was automatic.  all in an attempt ot get me to miss the window.  after 14 weeks they finally changed the story and told me to submit it, but now its been rejected 3 times despite the rebate center telling me last time that it was approved, just to wait ANOTHER 10 weeks for the card to come.  I have it all documented including their written instruction NOT to submit. now the rebate center just says they are escalating it because this is happening so much, waits a few days and rejects it again

This is blatantly intentional and you are not alone.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Verizon never hid the requirements of the promotion. If you wee able to find the promotion itself on the website then you should have been able to see the FAQ page as well. Did you NOT read the details of the promotion before trying to take advantage of it? I was never interested in this promotion as I am not a huge fan of the Samsung devices but I read the FAQs. They weren't hard to find. You won't be successful at any lawsuit because you agreed to that in the Customer Agreement. That is also available online for you to read.

0 Likes
joweegee
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been waiting 3 months for my gift card and took to the internet to find out information as to what the hold up is, and see if other people have issues. And wow, lots of class action lawsuit talk. This bogo promotion was not referred to as a "rebate" if it were called a rebate, I'd have treated it thusly. I never was emailed or mailed any promotion information to inform me what steps were required. It was simply, bogo, receive a gift card in 8-10 weeks. THAT'S. IT.  WHY would I have to go out of my way to read faqs and fill out forms when there was not one bit of information in any of my documentation that I needed to read or fill out things. To leave information out, and make people assume they have to go out of their way to figure out how it works when it sounds completely automatic is misleading. All these holier than thou people getting on here don't understand how a flow of information works, and never participated in the deal, so don't even know how it was presented to those of us that bought it, and a lot of people are new to these kinds of things. For a lot of people, this was their first cell plan ever.

In a nutshell, I'm now stuck paying $700 for a device that I was supposed to get for free, and I won't be silent.

joweegee
Enthusiast - Level 2

vzw-email.jpg

Here is one of many screen caps I have. This was the fine print of my order confirmation. Anyone see the rebate part? I must be blind.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You are looking on your account page. Please look at the page for the original promotion.

0 Likes