Reasonable wireless extenders
nbrezniak

So recently moved into NH from MA and encountered the apparently common issue of ATT having no service.  So after asking around who had the best signal i had a choice of Verizon or US cell, possibly sprint depending on area.  Verizon confirmed to have cell signal at my house (4g even according to their maps) so i figured id trust them and go ahead and buy a new phone and switch over.  Boy was i wrong, i now am lucky to see any service above 1x once i get off the highway 8 miles away and once i get home to the "confirmed" area that is 4g it is an act of god to get enough service to send a single text message.  There is no way i can justify 250 for a network extender that i could have just stayed with ATT and not had to buy a new phone and got the extender instead and Verizon's customer support told me there is nothing they can do and, im not joking here, to go return my phone to the store and cancel service. No options, no we are sorry lets see what we can do, they just said go return the phone and cancel the contract.  So, that being said, has anyone had any luck with some REASONABLY priced wireless network extenders?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Reasonable wireless extenders
Not applicable

Extremely bad service in that area. No idea why they told you differently at the store. It has some extended coverage through US Cellular towers but there is also lots of no service in that location.

You will need a network extender or perhaps switching to US Cellular. Verizon has no towers near to that location your service will be based off of US Cellular towers.

May considering switching or buying that network extender. They do work.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

What's your zipe code?

0 Likes
nbrezniak

0 Likes
Not applicable

Extremely bad service in that area. No idea why they told you differently at the store. It has some extended coverage through US Cellular towers but there is also lots of no service in that location.

You will need a network extender or perhaps switching to US Cellular. Verizon has no towers near to that location your service will be based off of US Cellular towers.

May considering switching or buying that network extender. They do work.

0 Likes
nbrezniak

Why is it that i can type in their map and at my address it says 4g, and everywhere they even show service i get none.  Essentially the entire map of the area seems fabricated and false, yet its now on me, the customer, to pay out more money for their lies?

Not applicable

It does show no service in that location, that means the coverage is marginal.

0 Likes
nbrezniak

I do not know what coverage map you're looking at but it must not be the one on the verizon wireless website that, although has a few small spots of no coverage, i am in a big block of every coverage option they list.  So unless the shading that says "4g extended" is to be referred to as "you're not going to have any service at all even though we will tell you that you will so you'll buy this phone" then i cant see where you're seeing "no coverage"

0 Likes
Not applicable

I look at the map and all of the "white stuff" is no service.

Lots and lots of white stuff.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I see quite a bit of extended areas and some no service areas in the zip code 03221.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes