Re: Filing a complaint
MB2508

Branched from:

I am having a similar issue.  I have gone into a store, dialed *611 and even posted on their FaceBook page.  Here's my story.....

Warning!! Verizon Wireless will contact you and offer you a rate reduction and then tell you that you are also eligible for an upgrade - what they don't tell you is that this offer is not an "AND" offer - its an "OR"... I've been trying to get my upgrade for 2 weeks now and am getting nothing but a run around unless I agree to have my bill go up rather than having them honor the offer that they contacted me about! First, I watched my account and online it stated that I was not eligible for my upgrade until 7/20. However, a representative from corporate customer service contacted me a week and a half earlier and said that I was already eligible. So I drove to my local store only to be told that I wasn't eligible unless I paid an extra $20 a month for the edge program. I chose to wait. I drove back to my local store today (7/20) only to be told again that I could not upgrade again because there was a pending order on my account. The pending order is the rate reduction that the representative contacted me about earlier in the month. Then I'm told I need to wait until after that goes through or they would have to cancel the rate reduction. When I asked to speak to a store manager - my request was denied (multiple times). I called *611 from inside the store and now I'm told that if I upgrade in the next 12 months, I will have to forfeit my rate reduction that I cannot have both - reminder, they contacted me to make this offer, I did not contact them! So now, I either have to accept my rate reduction and wait an additional year to upgrade my phone or I can upgrade my phone and forfeit the rate reduction. A Verizon representative made the offer, and corporate is now saying they will use this to "coach" the representative, but the only choices I have is one or the other, unless I want to find a different carrier... I have been a customer of Verizon for over 20 years and this is how they pay me back for that loyalty??!!!?? Verizon - error or not on the representative's part - you need to honor the offers that you make your customers!!! And the fact that I waited over an hour in the store ( Verizon Wireless at TriCounty, 55 E Kemper Rd, Cincinnati , OH 45246) and STILL was denied access to have a conversation with the store manager is really suspect... do you even have store managers???? You have a very unhappy customer right now and I'm sure no one cares. Watch out folks - even if this company contacts you with an offer, you still won't get it!!!! Yea, they'll offer a rate reduction, but that reduction will actually cost you more per month if you accept it....

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
MAD21
Enthusiast - Level 3

I believe everything you said. None of.it.is new to this forum. Your reminder will be appreciated

0 Likes
sjbrowser

This is no surprise.  Here is my story:

I was eligible for a device upgrade and took advantage by getting a NEW Droid Mini.  I had the phone for a week and i noticed that the battery would not hold a charge.  I opened a case with Verizon after one week and discussed the issue with them.  They had me do some tweaks and i told them i would try it out.  2 weeks later, i am still having the same problem..........which means the phone is DEFECTIVE.  I contacted them again immediately and they said they would send a replacement.  They sent a replacement phone and it is a REMANUFACTURED phone.  What kind of warranty is that?  3 weeks with a brand new phone i paid $500 for, and they send me a reman??!?!?!?  If you buy a printer, or a monitor or even a pc and after 1 week you determine it is DEFECTIVE, the company won't just fix it, they will send you a NEW one.  Right?  They told me that's how they roll......reman.  This is not the first episode with Verizon either.  Verizon has the absolute WORST customer service and customer relations in the business today.  Unfortunately I don't have any other carriers in my area, but as soon as i do, i will quit Verizon.  MB2508........don't worry, you're not alone.  Verizon doesn't care about any of their customers.  It's all about $ to them.  If they've got you backed into a corner, they aren't going to budge. They'll just keep squeezing.  Period.

0 Likes