Questions about cancelling my device...
suppersready1072

Alrighty then...

To simply put it, in order to be able to save up for a new car, I need to cut unnecessary expenses out. This, has unfortunately included Verizon Wireless and few other things I will leave nameless.

1. Is it possible to avoid the Early Termination Fee? If so, how? (I have read the contract agreement a few times, and could not find anything to answer that, So for the past month I have assumed impossible, and put aside the $120 I would wind up paying for the ETF)

2. My contract end date is 06/03/2014, if that helps any, should I cancel before, on, or after that date? I do not want to have my device longer than necessary financially.

3. How does the whole proof/evidence that I have cancelled the account work?

I never had to do this before, and any answers would be appreciated.

Thank you all in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Questions about cancelling my device...
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

To avoid the ETF, cancel after the contract end date and before your billing cycle ends which covers that month.

For example if the contract end date is 6/3/2014  and your billing cycle ends on the 10th of every month, cancel anytime between the 4th and the 10th of June.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

To avoid the ETF, cancel after the contract end date and before your billing cycle ends which covers that month.

For example if the contract end date is 6/3/2014  and your billing cycle ends on the 10th of every month, cancel anytime between the 4th and the 10th of June.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

As Ann said, cancel after 6/3 to avoid paying an ETF, and as close to the end of your billing cycle after that date to avoid paying for an extra month of service.

You need to call in to customer service or visit a store to cancel the account - you can't do it online.  And yes, they will try to talk you out of it, but if you do need to cancel, stick to your plan and do so.

0 Likes
suppersready1072

Thank you guys so much Smiley Happy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our last option is to lose you as a valued customer suppersready1072. I understand the importance of reducing your costs. We would appreciate the opportunity to review the best possible options. Please follow and DM us.

JonathanK_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

How To: Direct Message  and  jonathank_vzw

0 Likes