Question regarding cancelation of wireless contract and signing a new one
Filip_M
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,  I have a question regarding my contract. My Cell was stolen 2 days ago ( Iphone 5)  had it for about year and 2 months. now I have a dilemma when it comes on getting a new device. the rep told me she can offer me some S... phones for over $200 as a replacement or I to look up Amazon; Ebay and craiglist. I also don't want to pay a retail price for a brand new device. So I was thinking of cancelation of this contract paying the fee and signing up a new contract with a new device like Iphone 5s or Samsung Galaxy. My question is, are there any waiting periods for doing such a thing, or I could do it at the same time, ditch old contract and sign for new one.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Question regarding cancelation of wireless contract and signing a new one
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Filip
I would love to help you. You don't have to cancel and get a whole new line and phone number. Here's a great link that will help: http://vz.to/ZILXBT

JoeL_VZW

Please follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Filip_M
Enthusiast - Level 1

this option does not saves me any money... I would still have to pay full retail price of new Iphone around $600 plus the $2.00 surcharge for the program each month... thank you for somewhat answering my question. But I still would like to know if I do cancel the contract may I open up new one the same day ?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You would have to wait 60-90 days before you can open a new account with Verizon Wireless. Otherwise your old account and contract term would be reinstated.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I really want to take a closer look at your options, Filip.M. We definitely wouldn't want to see you cancelling out all the great history you have with us already. I have sent you a follow request here in the forum. Please access https://community.verizonwireless.com/actions to accept my request and follow me back so you can send me a private message with your name and mobile number so we can get started.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes