Question about upgrading without losing unlimited data
aerosim
Enthusiast - Level 1

I currently have an unlimited data plan with 2 lines.  The primary line has an unlimited data 4G phone (Moto Bionic) and the second line has an unlimited data 3G phone (HTC Eris).  Ideally, I'd like to upgrade the primary line to a Galaxy S4 when they come out and downgrade the second line to a non-data line, but I'm pretty sure there's no way to do that and keep unlimited data on one line.

I'm assuming that my best bet would be to buy the new phone outright and keep my unlimited data and then downgrade the 2nd line to a non-data phone.  Hopefully this is possible without losing my unlimited data plan.

Thanks in advance for any help ...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Question about upgrading without losing unlimited data
Not applicable

Upgrade your second line to the new smartphone and sign a new 2 year contract for that line.  Then, move the new phone to your primary line and drop the data plan on the second line and put a basic phone on that line.

aerosim
Enthusiast - Level 1

Nice ... how long do I have to wait to drop the data plan on the 2nd line?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can drop the data plan on the second line once you activate a basic feature phone on that line.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes