Question about switching to and from the single line plan for 2GB
useruser10

If I sign up as a new customer on the single line plan for 2GB, at a later date can I switch to the More Everything plan to get more than 2GB if I wish?  If I then find I only need 2GB, can I switch BACK to the single line plan for only 2GB?  Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Question about switching to and from the single line plan for 2GB
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

zz99,

It's definitely important to know what options are available. You can absolutely choose a More Everything plan with one device. You can have anywhere from 1-10 devices on our current More Everything plans. After the 13th you can also select our new plans with only one device. Both of these plans are great for sharing but can also be great for one line as well.

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You're not locked in to any plan and can switch at any point. In order to switch to the More Everything plan though you have to have multiple devices. Once you have multiple devices you can't switch back to a single line plan UNLESS someone does an assumption of liability and takes over the other line.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you sign up on or after the 13th, there won't be any single line plans any more:

Simplified Data Choices Match Customer Lifestyles

useruser10

Thank you for your replies.  There is no way it will be anyone other than me on the account, so we can confidently assume it will remain as one line.  So if it is going to remain one line, from MiiHere's response it does seem as though there are some limitations.  Basically, if I sign up on the single line I'll have to stay with that unless I add a tablet (for example) or someone else comes on the plan?  And, if I go to that plan in having more than one device, I'd have to then drop it back to only one to come back to the single line plan?  Your explanation was pretty decent, just making sure I totally understand.

It's a bit hard for me to tell if 2GB will be sufficient for me or not.  I've used the data calculator but, of course, you'll probably never truly know until you have the device in hand and it becomes part of your lifestyle.  I also appreciate your recommendation tikibar, I only mention things under the previous plans because at this time I'm leaning toward just paying for a two year agreement instead of monthly payments toward the device.

Thanks again.

0 Likes
Not applicable

MiiHere wrote:

You're not locked in to any plan and can switch at any point. In order to switch to the More Everything plan though you have to have multiple devices. Once you have multiple devices you can't switch back to a single line plan UNLESS someone does an assumption of liability and takes over the other line.

So if I wanted a single line with 10 GB I can't get that because I don't have multiple devices? I don't think that is correct. Not that it's going to matter in a few days, but I'm pretty sure I can get on a More Everything plan with ONE device if I want more than 2 GB.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Hmm. I wasn't aware I said you were limited and couldn't get 10Gb on a single line.

Now in a few days you can't. You can get 6GB or 12GB is my understanding, with the new format of plans Verizon is rolling out.

0 Likes
Not applicable

MiiHere wrote:Hmm. I wasn't aware I said you were limited and couldn't get 10Gb on a single line.

Here let me help you remember

In order to switch to the More Everything plan though you have to have multiple devices.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

useruser10 wrote:

at this time I'm leaning toward just paying for a two year agreement

Also effective 8/13/15, subsidized two-year agreements will no longer be available:

Verizon kills off service contracts, smartphone subsidies - CNET

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Again, I didn't say you couldn't get 10Gb on a single line. Just that the more everything plan is for multiple devices. If you only have one phone then you'd be on a single line plan.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

But, the More Everything plan allows a single user to hotpsot to other devices.  Maybe a single user with a phone wants to use a tablet for a larger screen...they can hotspot on ME.  But, on a single line, I don't believe hotspot is included.

0 Likes