Question about discount with New Contract
scottyent

This is my first post, but getting in touch with Verizon Wireless by email (without an account), was really difficult! I was hoping the forums here might help!

Basically, I currently live in Germany but am planning to return to the states in one month. I have an iPhone 4S (that is originally from Verizon), and when I arrive I will be wanting to sign a new two year contract. While doing that, I figured I would get a new phone since I have really been wanting to go back to Android and try some of the new stuff.

So, the Samsung Galaxy S4 looks great...but, I'm also very interested in what the Motorola X from Google will be, and since that is rumored to be announced in May....I would rather wait a month to be sure. However, I'm not sure that I can do that while signing a contract. Ideally, I would like to sign the contract, keep my current iPhone on the plan, and keep my upgrade eligibility for the next month or so. I am not sure if they would be OK with that, as I expect it is a use it or lose it kind of deal with the initial signing of the contract.

Does anyone happen to know if I can sign, and not use that upgrade/discount immediately?

Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Question about discount with New Contract
budone
Legend

Bringing your own phone would place you on a month to month service. Then when the new phone comes out, then you can get a subsidized device and then enter into a two year contract

View solution in original post

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Bringing your own phone would place you on a month to month service. Then when the new phone comes out, then you can get a subsidized device and then enter into a two year contract

0 Likes
scottyent

Thanks for the response! That is exactly the answer I was looking for.

0 Likes