Question about International Texting
ThoughtCriminal
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am going to be going on a cruise to Asia (Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Hong Kong) and am trying to understand how Verizon's international texting  works. (I've read through the FAQs).

I will only be texting to other people from the United States (other people on the cruise and people back in the US).  Am I correct that with International texting:

[1] I will be charged 25-cents for each message received and sent?

[2] There isn't any international plan I have to purchase or set up.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Question about International Texting
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Did you use the Interactive Trip Planner (link below)? I found it helpful while planning my trip. Now a cruise might be different and you should call global services to confirm, but international texts usually are 50 cents to send and 5 cents to receive. If you add the $4.99/month global value plan, you get a discount only on calling rates.

You should call global services to (1) enable international dialing from your phone, (2) activate your SIM card, if you have a global phone that takes one and the countries you're going to use GSM technology, (3) add any global voice or data plans, and (4) confirm your rates (they'll send you an e-mail with all the info).

Also, be sure to turn off all cellular data if you're not adding the $25/100 MB global data plan. Otherwise you will be charged $20.48 per MB!

Enjoy your trip!

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/tripplanner/tripplannercontroller

0 Likes
Re: Question about International Texting
budone
Legend

If you are texting from the ship, you need to contact the cruise line and see what they charge for texting

0 Likes