Purchase phone at retail price and sign no contract?
Packfanz
Moving to Verizon from Alltel and will have one line of 5 that needs to transfer back to Alltel on new husband's contract.  Will Big Red allow me to pay retail on the phone and not sign a contract for that line?  Thanks in advance for the help.
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Purchase phone at retail price and sign no contract?
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3
First welcome to the forum.    I don't have a specific answer because the recent alliance with Alltel created some special rules for your folks.   The best way to get to the specifics of your case is to simply call Verizon.   However, someone may know and post here in a bit, but calling them direct would be the fastest path. :smileyhappy:
0 Likes
mnwildfan2k
Enthusiast - Level 3

If I understand this correctly, you would not actually "transfer" back to Alltel, that 5th line would STAY at Alltel until conversion time comes around. I assume this is because that line still has a contract tied to it, and you don't want to pay the ETF. I would transfer the eligible lines and pick up 4 new phones, you would NOT be able to "buy" the 5th phone without activating it. Depending on how much time is left, you may be able to do a temp number and pay the 9.99/mo to VZW and let that phone sit until you are able to port your last Alltel number over...

0 Likes
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3

Packfanz . . . you can read up a great deal on the integration of Alltel into Verizon at the below Verizon web site link:

http://support.vzw.com/faqs/Account%20Management/alltel_migration.html
0 Likes