Re: Punished for being a loyal customer
Nyobie_B
Contributor - Level 1

It was relevant because I did something similar but I took responsibility for my actions.  I'm regretting the decision to leave Unlimited Data but I'm not asking Verizon to add it back (which isn't supposed to be something they do or they'd do it by a simple request which is likely why you're not getting the support you've requested from them for your case).  This is relevant by that fact.

The other point is not that I'm trying to defend Verizon, but to say that you're being mistreated and this situation having anything to do with loyalty and making threats to leave really doesn't add anything to your circumstances.  I realize it's frustrating.  Trust me, I've had my fair share of frustrating calls with Verizon including an exchange with them today on an iPad issue I'm trying to resolve, but to say that you're being punished for a mistake you made simply isn't right.  You're entitled to have your opinion but I just don't think it's right to say Verizon is doing anything wrong in this case when YOU were the one who made the mistake.  Take responsibility for your decisions.  Live with it and stop trying to put the blame on Big Red or anyone else for something you did.

0 Likes
Nyobie_B
Contributor - Level 1

Yes I did but I mixed up one of the facts.  Nevertheless, my position on the matter still stands about you casting blame on the company and not accepting the fact that you're the one who made a mistake.

Any further replies to my 2 posts will go without response from me.  I wasn't here to pick an argument.  I apologize if I made you more upset.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

As much as you may want to limit who can respond to you that's not an option on here. It is a peer to peer forum and as long as no one violates the forum rules they can reply to your thread. Don't let other customers frustrate you as at the end of the day you're not doing business with us. If we're saying something you don't like you always have the power to ignore it.

rachel12b
Enthusiast - Level 3

Okay maybe you're not getting what I said in my original post but I'm not asking them to undo anything.

We have 4 lines.

I made a mistake by upgrading 2 of them -- mine and my husband's. We haven't had unlimited for over a year. I didn't ask them to change that. I pay overage charges every.single.month but that's my fault and I own it.

Two of them are still unlimited. I mentioned my son and my daughter needing to keep their unlimited data in my original post. I asked Verizon to let me pay full price for a phone (albeit over 24 months) and keep my unlimited, which is what they do every day for other unlimited plans that are "keyed in" to allow it.

Got it now?

Nyobie_B
Contributor - Level 1

I apologize if I upset you at all as this wan't my intent.

In that case, just go to any Apple store and buy a device outright.  Make sure you tell them you want to use it on the Verizon network.  Then you can go online and activate a new device and replace the current device on their Unlimited Plan without affecting anything in Verizon other than which device is connected.

Verizon doesn't have to give you permission to do this.  The only down side is that if Verizon is offering some sort of $50 or $100 discount to buy a device through them, I think the catch is that they require you to renew a 2 year agreement which Unlimited Data Plans aren't since those are month to month.

I've been buying devices at either Apple stores or at Best buy through the entire time my 2 year Unlimited Data Plan had reached the end of 2 year agreement and went month to month.  I had the month to month grandfathered Unlimited Data Plan forever until I realize that the historic data usage for both of us was under a reasonable data limit that could save me about $85 a month to switch over.  I'm still buying devices outright because I refuse to sign up under a 2 year agreement now that I've converted to a month to month data plan which I can adjust up or down any time without any charges.

rachel12b
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm frustrated because it seems as though nobody is reading the original post but they're not hesitating to comment on it. I'm not asking Verizon to do anything they don't already do for people with unlimited plans.

They allow people (such as yourself maybe?) to upgrade unlimited plans and allow them to keep their unlimited and pay for the new phone in monthly installments. Correct?

That's what I'm asking to do.

By the way I don't care in they take away the unlimited mobile. My kids don't talk on the phone. I just need the unlimited data.

Believe me, if I had known I needed to change my Alltel unlimited plan to a Verizon unlimited plan years ago, I would have done it. All customer service reps I've ever talked to have advised me not to change it. So I didn't. Now, I'm being "punished" for having "Alltel's" name on my plan. What difference does that even make? None. Verizon has gotten 11 years of my money, not Alltel.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

WE all read your original post.  You have a very old non-Verizon plan for a very cheap price, well below current rates.  Verizon makes not nearly as much money on the old plan and they have no desire to throw you a carrot.  Buying a phone and paying over 24 months is still a subsidy, since it is interest free and Verizon loses that money for 24 months to invest in its network.  Buying a phone outright to keep your golden plan is the price of keeping the plan.  You ignore 2 of us saying you can get device payments directly from Apple, so investigate that.  Verizon wants you to get rid of this plan, and they are not going to do anything to entice you to keep it. 

0 Likes
rachel12b
Enthusiast - Level 3

They're ALREADY doing something to entice me to keep this plan and their service. When we come to a complete agreement it will be noted here.

I did not ignore the Apple suggestion, however I came to this forum to get Verizon's help, not Apple's. I am well aware of that option as well as buying one from eBay or another third party (also mentioned in my original post). 

I have only 2 lines on the old plan. As I have repeatedly stated, customers on an old Verizon plan are allowed to pay per month without losing their unlimited. Why shouldn't I be allowed the same?

I pay Verizon in excess of $500 per month. They're not losing any money here. If they need money to invest in their network they can use that.

Like I said, I don't think you're reading my posts. Just being argumentative. I will not respond to you any longer unless you're being helpful.

Tidbits
Legend

From what I remember the Altell plans are cheaper than Verizon plans and always have been. The amount you have saved will equal to or more than the value of a device every 2 years or less.

Tidbits
Legend

The cheapest 2 line Verizon unlimited plan with 900 minutes and unlimited data is $180 after taxes. With recent changes you are looking $220ish. I know of any Altell plan with 2 lines costing more than 160. So they already been very generous with you and allowed you to keep money where you could have saved and purchased your own devices outright. While everyone else will be paying way more and also pay outright or over time.