Re: Promotional Discount Not Honored... Is this legal?
qz2019
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wish I had read these complaints before signing the contract for 3 new phones/lines. We bought the phones during promotion for $300 trade in credit for each phone. However, the trade in status only said $33. Can't believe what happened ... Trying to decid if I need to return those phones and get different carrier ....

lmcfarlin
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is extremely common.  Xfinity does it all the time too.  I just lost out on a $250 rebate and I lost an iPad to Verizon in a trade up program.  Just how it goes in this industry.  This latest $250, I pretty much expected.  I could switch providers, but every other provider out there does the same thing.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Also xfinity mobile is Verizon, so a move between the 2 won’t qualify as a new customer

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lmcfarlin

This is never the way we want you to feel getting the promotion you qualify for is important. Now with all promotions, there are requirements that have to be made during specific time frames. Some promotions require a submission to be completed by the customer within a specific time as well. If all requirements were met and the promotions still were not given we have tools to investigate and correct that. So we can gladly look into this for you. Also Xfinity mobile is not Verizon Wireless as we are two separate companies (mama23dogs). Can you please provide more details on the rebate you are referring to so that we look into this for you.

EdwardL_VZW

0 Likes
Cynder67
Enthusiast - Level 1

Brand new customer with Verizon. When I placed my onlin order my cart and my order confirmation showed Ineas going to receive a promotion credit for buying two iPhones. Today I get and email saying they were removing the promotional credit that the phone doesn’t qualify but doesn’t say why.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to get all the promotions that you qualify for, Cynder67. When an email is sent indicating that a phone does not meet the eligibility requirements, it usually states the specific reason. Does that email include a number to call for additional details?

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
James_Matthews

The same thing happened/is happening to us. I had a terrible experience over the last 6 months dealing with this. My phone was crushed in a car door and I needed a phone quickly. So I looked online, found that the Pixel 4 line was coming out in the next week, there was a BOGO offer for them so I contacted the chat line on the page and they took my order for a pixel 4 XL, a Pixel 4 and a pixel 3a which I planned to give to my sister.  She was on a Straight talk plan and had prepaid her plan for a year in advance and it didn't expire until june 2020, so I was going to use the 3a until the pixel 4's came in the following week, I asked repeatedly that they wouldn't do anything to her number until we were able to get the Pixels 4's in and was assured that they wouldn't touch her line. so I had to do the unlimited on all three lines change to auto pay and buy two phones and a new line. They were supposed to have me pick up the 3a in the local store that night. everything looked fine. I got to the store and they didn't have the order. when they looked it up it showed that it had been shipped and wouldn't arrive until  the next week. so I call support on the phone the next day and they got the shipped phone cancelled, and got the new 3a on track so II could pick it up at the store (Sat). I went over and it was there ready to go.. I got it set up and I thought all was good. then my on the next Monday, my sister came into town and said her straight talk phone had died. They said they wouldn't touch her line but the did. so we dealt with trying to get her existing phone on verizon. it would have worked but the phone number was tied to the phone that was shipped and they couldn't release it until they got the phone back. while talking to the support tech, we mentioned that we would be getting the Pixel 4's in that week so we could use the 3a as soon as they came in. that is when he told me that my 4 XL in Orange was back-ordered and wasn't coming in for a month. so I got back with Verizon again and asked if there was any way to get it switched to Black I didn't really care what color I had because it was going in a case and it you would see it anyway, when they asked what color I wanted they never said it would take an extra month to come in. so they changed it to black and all was good. or so we thought. I looked and didn't see a credit so I called in October to make sure that all the changes we did didn't mess up the promotion. they said no but they didn't see the promotion on my account. so she escalated it the was Aline I think her name was. I waited another billing cycle and still nothing. I went into the store and they looked but said they couldn't do anything because there was already an escalation on my account for it. I waited again. still nothing. so I went back down to the store and asked again, they said I needed to call back to the support,  I called and talked to another person that told me that they knew what happened, they said I needed to have activated one of the pixels on the new line of service, and I needed to move my sisters number to my pixel 4 for it to go through. I was irritated but it was worth $799  in the long run so I had planned to do that when could make it happen.  Now earlier this week her Pixel 3a started messing up not ringing etc, tech support told her they would have to send her a new phone. I got an email and it said that they were shipping a "Google, Google S4" so I got on chat Wednesday night to make sure that they hadn't confused the order because we were planning to move a pixel 4 to her line and I would end up paying even more. after an hour and going to tier three tech support they found that it was indeed a 3a that was being shipped. in talking I explained why I was concerned etc and the person Megan started looking into it because she didn't think swapping the lines around was going to fix the promotion issue. so after another 20 minutes she came back and said that none of that was going to work because the phones were not on the same receipt. and they should have cancelled the entire order and that I wasn't eligible for the promotion. I said it wasn't my job to know that it was the sales people that should have taken care of me. she said "Well let that be a reminder to you in the future" like so sorry terrible to be you... so I was livid, She said all she could do was offer to give us 15% off of the phone. this is why I am writing. I feel Ii have been done wrong and this needs to be rectified. I have been a Verizon customer for 14 years and I am really considering moving to T-Mobile. they may not be any better but at the moment it is more about principles.  Please contact me at my email on my account.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry for this experience, James_Matthews. We value your time, and our goal is for you to take advantage of all the available offers. Systematically, we don't offer support via email. We can help you using this platform, and I sent you a private note so we can continue working on this together.

GersonG_VZW

0 Likes
Kohio
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’ve been with Verizon since I was 16. This last year I convinced my partner to leave their plan and join me on my account to take advantage of a buy one get one free iPhone deal. Apparently the agent at the store made a mistake when entering the promotions which made our lives difficult and expensive ever since. I am currently waiting to talk to a customer service representative for the sixth or seventh time. Every time Every time has taken hours of my life and every time they’ve told me they would honor the promotion and my bill has never reflected that. Now our bill is over $200 a month, we never would’ve done this if we would have known we would have been tricked Into spending an additional $800. The amount of broken promises and the apparent difficulty in fixing this problem has been so demoralizing. I feel like I’ve let my partner down by asking him to come to this company. We feel as though we have been swindled. I don’t know why Verizon won’t make this right.

0 Likes
Kohio
Enthusiast - Level 1

I read online that you can contact the Better Business Bureau, tweet at Verizon and maybe get results before going to small claims court. 

0 Likes