Problems activating on extended network in Alaska
balamb

Had Verizon when we moved up from the Lower 48.  Had a new phone shipped up to Homer, AK.  Phone will not activate possibly because I'm on extended network.  Chat center said I must ship it to lower 48 to have it activated.  Is this really the only option?  I assume I could drive the 225 miles to Anchorage and get it activated on the home network, however that option was not discussed during the chat session.  We tried swapping the sim cards and online activation. No go, any thoughts?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Problems activating on extended network in Alaska
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

balamb, I hear Alaska is beautiful, being from the lower states I hope to get there some day myself. As for activations on the extended network, they are not available anywhere, you would need at least a 3G signal. Do you have a 907 area code phone? I do show you would be able to activate that device in Anchorage if that is available. What make and model phone do you have? If it is an iPhone, did you try to activate it through iTunes? Let us know what we can do to assist, we are happy to do so.  
CheriS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
balamb

I have shipped it to a friend in Anchorage at the additional cost of $40. I have a Samsung S6. We do have a 3g signal here in Homer on the GCI network.  I used the Verizon chat service and we tried to activate it over wi-fi  but that failed as well. The SIM cards are a different size from an s4 to a s6.  I did find a way to trim the SIM card and the phone recognized it and had my phone number in it but still would not allow me to call out.   My understanding, as I work with local contractors, is that Verizon is planning on building a tower here, but have not finalized land sale deals.  I'm just hoping that my friend can activate it in Anchorage with minimal issues.  Thanks, for the reply!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Alaska is on my list of places to visit it must be great living there. We do want to be sure your phone gets activated balamb. Thanks for going the extra mile to have the phone shipped to Anchorage. We can always provide a new SIM card. A store can provide one at no charge to you as well. http://vz.to/1N3VzNm Let us know if we can assist further.
RosanneM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes