Problem after problem after problem with Verizon!
paydosfam

It all started 3 weeks ago (end of June 2013) when my original iPhone4 that I'd had for 1.5 years started making an awful screeching noise when I'd make/receive calls.  I took it to the Verizon (15 mins away) and they ordered me a refurbished phone under warranty that I pay $10 a month for.  Well let me tell you, that started a whole whirl-wind of problems!  I should have just upgraded my phone right then are there but I wanted to use the warranty because I love my phone (before it stopped working correctly) and didn't want to waste an upgrade on the same phone.  Well, during my FIRST warranty phone that I was waiting to arrive, someone in Virginia (I live in Maine) stole my phone number. My phone stopped working and some random guy in Virginia was picking up all my calls.  I use my phone for work and personal life so it's not OK when my phone randomly stops working.  I call Verizon at work, because like most other people in the world today, only have one phone and when that stops working, I have no way of contacting others.  I call Verizon from my work phone and they give me a 2 hour run around about this and that.  I finally have to leave work early to go into Verizon to deal with this.  While my replacement phone was being shipped, they thought someone intercepted the package and stole the phone, getting my number and passwords to the account.  I filed a fraud claim on my account, after 3 hours at Verizon, I return home to find my replacement phone sitting on my door step.  It hadn't been intercepted and the whole last 3 hours were a waste of my time.  I then drove back to Verizon (4th time in 2 days) to bring back the replacement phone I'd filed a fraud claim on and they said I needed to return it since I claimed it'd been stolen.  It was around the 4th of July now so I had to wait until the following week for a phone to be shipped to me.  Thankfully my phone still worked, just couldn't make calls.  After the 4th of July, I went back to Verizon and re-did a warranty phone so I could have a refurbished phone sent to me.  They sent it to the wrong address which I only noticed because I was tracking the shipping.  I had to spend another hour on the phone with Verizon trying to intercept the package before delivering to the wrong address 3 hours north of me!  PLEASE- for anyone reading this, do NOT bother with the $10 insurance a month.  It's a scam to steal your money.  They send crappy refurbished phones that will die on you faster than you know.  I've had 2 warranty phones in the last 3 weeks, someone stole my phone number that I've had for 6 years, and when I go into the store they act like I'm crazy, and make me wait the hour long wait in line -or what they call the "que" - every time.  Today, my refurbished phone just went black on me mid-day (the phone I've only had for a little over a week now).  I called Support/Customer Service/my local Verizon store, and got the same answers.  Gotta reboot.  I went into Verizon for help rebooting and they assured me everything would be backed up.  They said when I got home to plug my phone into my computer and the iTunes backup will automatically get it back to it's settings and apps as I had it.  Well that was wrong, it started doing a new "backup" to my iTunes and not replicating the old way of my phone.  Then after finishing about 30 minutes of it syncing my phone, but not really, it died on me again.  Went completely black.  After this already happening once today, I freaked out.  I'm furious.  I called Verizon but it was 8:55pm and they close at 9pm here. 

I'm sick of spending countless hours at a Verizon store, countless hours on the phone with Customer Service/Support, and over $100 in gas money driving too and from the Verizon store for I KID YOU NOT - the 13th time in 3 weeks.  This is not a joke.  Verizon's Customer Service is a piece of shit and I'm seriously considering switching to AT&T.  I've always loved Verizon and never had a problem until now, but they've proven to me that they will not go above and beyond for their loyal customers.  I've been a loyal customer, paying my $300+ phone bill on time every month for the past 6 years, and when I hit a rough patch with my phone for the first time in those 6 years, they can't do so much as get me a new phone, or even let me jump ahead in line once in a while in the store so I don't have to wait an hour every time I go in.  13 times to a Verizon store in 3 weeks is completely unacceptable to me.  If Verizon cared about their customers they'd do more to help us out rather than just "temporarily" fixing the problem until the next one occurs.

I will say, when I called the Verizon in the mall (not an actual retail Verizon store, one of its subsidiaries) the guy Josh was extremely helpful.  He met me at Whole Foods at 9:30pm at night (after his shift) to give me his old Verizon Razr phone so I could have a phone to get me by for a business meeting tomorrow morning when mine died on me at 8:55pm at night when they all close at 9pm here.  I will not be going back to that other Verizon store again and hope to find an actual review site, more official than this one, so I can let them know how awful the Customer Service is at that store.  I've been given the run around for 3 weeks and I'm sick of it!!  Especially after all the money I pay for this stupid phone, for them to not help in any capacity blows my mind.  Sad part is, I'm heading back to Verizon tomorrow after work because the problem is still not solved.  I wonder how much longer this will take me?  I'm up for an upgrade in 10 days and may not resign my contract.  Shame on you Verizon -- bad word of mouth travels much faster than good word of mouth, so remember that it's not all about the Sales.  It's also about Customer Service!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Problem after problem after problem with Verizon!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi paydosfam,

I read your post and I'm eager to help! You need a phone! I'd have to review your account and all the details in order to provide you with a resolution. I have followed you here in the forums. Please follow me back and send a DM with your name and mobile number. I'll be happy to review this for you and find a resolution.

Christina_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
disappointedinu
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too have had multiple problems with Verizon lately. I have been with them over twenty years, I have a phone that no longer works that had an extended warrenty on it, they could not replace it with a comparable phone they offered me a lesser phone or another phone with a contract, (I have unlimited data which is why I refuse to sign a new contract) they sent me a phone but it has no back or battery or charger and they dont have one so I have to buy one myself. I would think its illegal to offer a warrenty have the customer pay for it and they can't honor it. I have had customer service agents hang up on me, and I have not been rude. I have had several say they cant believe this has happened and they will help me only to never call me back. I have had a manager offer assistance and never call me back as well. I have literally wasted hours for nothing, time to switch, Verizon customer service has gone way downhill and there is alot of competition out there apparently old customers are not important to them. I am just disgusted.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

disappointedinu, thanks for being a loyal customer for over twenty years. We really appreciate your business. I hope that we can restore your faith in us and continue this wireless relationship. Your device warranty provides you with a phone replacement of the same make/model or comparable to what you have. However, if you want to upgrade to a different device, then you may take advantage of your upgrade eligibility if it's available to you. If you still need assistance or have not recieved a call back regarding this matter, please private message me with your mobile number. I am eager to assist you.

Lasina_VZW 

<< When requesting a user " DM", (Direct Message), please provide a link to your profile and your full username so "following" is a simple process. >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
kld54

Based on my latest experience, the absolute worst, most pathetic excuse for

customer service I can recall in my 58 years on this planet. Three reps say they

are shipping a replacement phone, not one actually ships. Overnight delivery of

a replacement phone? I am on day 6, no phone. Liars, unconcerned. I cannot wait

for my contract to end.

0 Likes
jjohnson1049
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree with their customer service.  It may be great if coming on board but it stinks if you are a long time customer.  After losing my job of 24 years I called customer service and tried to cancel my contract just 30 days early!! However, they will not do so.  They responded they can help by spreading the cancellation fee on the 4 lines over a longer period for payment convenience.  Again, lost job no $.  Just want to cancel 30 days early and no assistance.  Unbelievable.  Won't be using them again.  Thanks but no thanks.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It might be cheaper to keep the account active until your lines are out of contract then to cancel the account early and be charged for the ETF for each line still under contract.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jjohnson1049
Enthusiast - Level 1

I understand Ann, but thanks.  I want to cancel now.  They should allow everyone a one time cancellation waiver for the lifetime on their account.  I just don't understand why customer service is better when coming on board then if you have been a customer for long time.  Very frustrated, looking for address to write to main office as well.  Thanks

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have heard they used to waive the ETF if the customer moved out of Verizon's service area. That is no longer the case.

Have you considered suspending your lines for 90 days (max two times)? The without billing option will extend your contract, but you might be able find work in that time. Although without a phone for potential employers to call you that might prove challenging.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi kld54,

As a consumer, I realize conflicting information can be frustrating and I am here to help because I don't want to lose you as a customer! I would love the opportunity to review your account in an effort to identify what transpired. At your leisure please, DM your name and wireless number. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Ayani_VZW 

<< When requesting a user " DM", (Direct Message), please provide a link to your profile and your full username so "following" is a simple process. >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes