Re: Problem accessing web page
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Since other websites are accessible, same as always, and this one site seems to be redirecting you to a different page once you get to their site, it STILL seems to be on Comcast's side to me....and for some reason the EnV3 seems to be able to handle the switch and the Alias2 and EnV2 don't.  And Comcast throws it back at Verizon - ::::sigh::::   you'd think someone would be able to figure this out between these 2 communicaton giants.....

0 Likes
lrando1
Contributor - Level 1

I know. I feel Iike a ping pong ball.  Unfortunately no one seems to know what to do to fix it. So I am in the same place :smileysad:

0 Likes
lrando1
Contributor - Level 1

I would think Comcast was at fault. But I am able to do everything else on m.comcast.net... BUT open my mail on my phone. i can do everything on m.comcast.net...including opening my email on my husband Env3. So if it were comcast's issue, wouldn't I also be unable to do this on the Env3?

0 Likes
RonG

Still no solution to using Mobile Web for Comcast e-mail access but part of the issue is that the EnV2 mobile web browser is NOT fully HTML compliant where the browser on the EnV3 is.  The problem has to do with the exchange of server certificates between Verizon and Comcast servers which is required to authenticate only during an e-mail log-in.  Neither outfit seems to be willing to kick the problem to the correct technical folks to get it fixed.

0 Likes
lrando1
Contributor - Level 1

I have the Alias2 not the Env 2, although I understand that the Env2 has the same issue.  It did work fine on my Alias2 up til about a month ago. then just stopped. So one of them must have changed something?

0 Likes
Heb

Don't feel like your alone I have a envy touch that is experiencing the same problem after they updated my software to version 9. All other sites work but accessing my e-mail thru the web. I have spent over ten hours on phone with techs and been thru three warranty phones. The older version of software still works fine. I can go to store use their display phone and it works great, but my new replacement phone will not work. They cannot load previous versions of the software according to Verizon techs, but they will give me a older flip phone if that would make me happy. So much for being tied to a contract and paying full price for a phone that all of a sudden will not work.

0 Likes