Re: Privacy
Not applicable

jondal wrote:

Well Vzw needs to find out the faces beaches my brother has the phone and did not report it as lost or stolen y'all think Vzw is this awesome company which is not true

For someone who feels that way, your activity on here proves otherwise. Between getting the iPhone and helping people in posts, and amount of posts, seems like a fanboy to me. Or is there a wishy washy effect going on here? You tell us. Id tell you to give me your mtn so I can suspend it to prove a point but that's against the TOS to post personal info.

0 Likes
jondal
Contributor - Level 1

No it's not that bro I understand that but Vzw still has to check id or get a name of who Authorized the Suspension. And I am a fan of the iPhone and Technology but Vzw not so much I just keep them cuz they have good service where I live. But Vzw has a job to do and if they don't do it that is not my problem I just want to make sure my info is safe

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I just called and they asked me for my account password when I tried to call my sons phone stolen. Asked for my name too.

0 Likes
jondal
Contributor - Level 1

I know that is the problem Vzw is saying there is no name of the person that suspended the line just the agents name that's the problem guys the only info is the Vzw agents info no ones else

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Sorry it was directed at yos. They don't keep track of who calls in. This can happen with any carrier as long as they know the person and password.

0 Likes
AUTigersRGR8

Yes. These wimps just gave all our info to the NSA, so Barry can keep track of us. I'm talking about all vzw customers and anybody they may have spoken to at any time about any subject. "Big Brother" now has us profiled. Thanks VZW for protecting my 4th Amendment rights under the Constitution of the United States. Adios VZW.

0 Likes
jondal
Contributor - Level 1

You are correct Obama has went too far

0 Likes
budone
Legend
This began under the  Bush Admin, not Obama, get your facts straight
B33
Legend

+1  Fool Me Once

0 Likes
Not applicable

Actually you are incorrect. and if any Verizon employee did as you suggest, they should be fired on the spot.

You have to log in to My Verizon and report it there or call the automated number which asks for your personal code. If Verizon or any cell carrier just let any bozo call the phone in as stolen or lost there would be mega problems.  

From the Verizon web Portal:http://support.verizonwireless.com/faqs/Equipment/faq_phones.html

Lost Phones    

What do I do if my mobile device is lost or stolen?    

If your device is lost or stolen, you may suspend your service to avoid unauthorized use.

There are two methods to suspend your service:    

Suspend your service online:         In My Verizon, go to the Suspend / Reconnect Service page in My Verizon.        

Follow the prompts to suspend service.     

Suspend your service over the phone:          Dial (800) 922-0204 from any phone.        

Follow the prompts to suspend service using our Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system.    

0 Likes