Prepaid vs Postpaid data prioritization
bcrabtree

A friend of mine is considering swapping to prepaid from postpaid (due to the current 16GB promo), he always buys his phones from Apple and actually does not need international so this plan would work well for him.

We both work for an airline and notice that verizon tends to "struggle" at airports with capacity on a regular basis, and was curious if the prepaid plans are prioritzed lower than postpaid? My friend with goUnlimited seems to have the most issues out of all of us and has to use my hotspot at times to get usable data (I'm currently still on Nationwide 900 with legacy unlimited data+unlimited hotspot)

If the prepaid plans are as low as goUnlimited, then this swap would not make sense for him as he's on the "new" verizon unlimited plan from a few years ago with 22GB before it gets bumped down in the que (but he uses about 8-10GB/mo)

So all in all, if he has a defined bucket on prepaid, will it be qued below goUnlimited, or run at full priroitzation until his 16GB is up?

0 Likes
Re: Prepaid vs Postpaid data prioritization
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Prepaid priority as well as any MVNOs is the same as Go

bcrabtree

Thanks! I’ll have him try AT&T then, as they have a good promo right now as well. From what I can tell they do not seem to suffer from congestion around airports as much due to more mid band spectrum being deployed and 2300MHz to supplement downlink. 

Thanks again for your reply!

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

@bcrabtree wrote:

Thanks! I’ll have him try AT&T then, as they have a good promo right now as well. From what I can tell they do not seem to suffer from congestion around airports as much due to more mid band spectrum being deployed and 2300MHz to supplement downlink. 

Thanks again for your reply!

No problem. Around here at&t uses 2300 to provide fixed wireless

0 Likes