Porting number from sprint?
djames_55

I'm looking to switch from sprint and join my families Verizon plan, but i'm not exactly sure how porting your number works. I believe I have to add the line and have my new device on hand? If that's the case can this process be done online or do I just take my current phone and new phone to any bestbuy or verizon store? How long does it usually take to complete the porting process? Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Porting number from sprint?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you add the line and port your number, Verizon can start the port process for you.  It will cancel your account at Sprint, and can take 24-48 hours to completely port over.  If you are purchasing a Verizon phone (or have one already from another source) a corporate store can do this easily.  Third party stores or "authorized resellers" (like Best Buy) may be a bit more complex with their own rules and procedures.

And I'm not sure how this would work online - I'm not sure you CAN port a number online - maybe someone else has more experience or better information?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you add the line and port your number, Verizon can start the port process for you.  It will cancel your account at Sprint, and can take 24-48 hours to completely port over.  If you are purchasing a Verizon phone (or have one already from another source) a corporate store can do this easily.  Third party stores or "authorized resellers" (like Best Buy) may be a bit more complex with their own rules and procedures.

And I'm not sure how this would work online - I'm not sure you CAN port a number online - maybe someone else has more experience or better information?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SuzyQ, thanks again for supporting our customers. djames_55 can start the porting process online at our website http://bit.ly/qDhvBY

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes