Ported Number Can’t Activate Phone
Unhappynewcustomer
Enthusiast - Level 1

I ported my number from Sprint after having a temporary number for 2 days. Since then I’ve had the worst experience with Verizon. I received texts telling me the port was complete. I restarted my phone and have been unable to activate my phone on the network since then. Cant make/receive calls, texts, data and Sprint has already deactivated my old phone. I’ve talked to about 12 different reps including the techs, who have done everything possible only to be told everything is fine with my phone and the network. I was told to wait until midnight for the system to clear out any errors. Nothing happened. The tech in the store tried to give me a new sim and my account wouldn’t allow him to make any changes. I tried activating my phone through my online account and it tells me I have a service change pending for a future date but I don’t. That is not allowing me to make any changes at all to my account. I keep being given all these different timeframes to wait for my phone to activate and nothing happens. Now I’m being told I have to wait 24 hours. If it doesn’t work by then I’ll be canceling Verizon after only a few days. It just sucks because now I’ve lost my phone number through all of this. Has anyone else been able to resolve this issue

Labels (1)
Re: Ported Number Can’t Activate Phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Unhappynewcustomer

Welcome to our wireless network! We don't want you to have any remorse about switching to our service. It can take up to 48 hours to port your mobile number to our network. I trust that this issue will be resolved shortly.

Here's more information regarding the port process that will address your concerns: 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/local-number-portability-scenario-guide/

Lasina_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

My number one goal is to make it so you will not only remain in the Verizon Wireless family, but also want to change your username, Unhappynewcustomer. It’s time for some answers regarding your port. I’ve sent you a direct message so we can work together to resolve this.

George_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
disappointed11
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having nearly exact problem. I was a customer with sprint for 6 years. We moved so we needed different coverage with Verizon. My husband and I ported our numbers with sprint now his phone doesn't receive phone calls, he can't use imessage because it says the mobile carrier doesn't 'recognize his number'.  My phone is still not activated over 24 hours later (they told me to wait). My sprint account says they have done their part and ported the number. So I can't use my old phone, I can't use my new phone because the phone is constantly 'searching for a network' the lady at the store said she had no idea why it wasn't working. I was at the store with my husband for 4 hours for a 15min switch. Then they sent us home and said come back in 24-48 hours. Well they aren't open tomorrow. When I got home I spent another 4 hours talking to agents who didn't know what to do and told me to wait.  I called this morning for customer service on another line since our phones don't work and have been on hold for 25 minutes and counting. Tried online chat and have been waiting for a rep going on 20 min. Both said wait times were less than 5 min when I initially engaged. On top of that I got charged for sim cards that don't work as well as two set up and go charges for a totally of $64 and don't have a phone. Worst experience my husband and I have had ever. 

KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes