Poor speed on LTE Network in Camp Pendleton, CA
mrchrister87

I recently began working on Camp Pendleton in California and at my place of work constantly have between 3-4 bars of LTE. I never see it switching to 3G/1X networks while I am here.

Problem is, my data speed is almost non-existent. Speed test: Latency 170ms, Download 0.02 Mbps, Upload 0.09 Mbps.

All Verizon users in this area have the same issue.

Voice/Text works fine, unless sending with accompanied photos etc.

Any idea why this might be so slow here despite supposed LTE coverage? Anything to do about this?

Using an iPhone 7, works fine when in other areas without degradation of speeds.

Thanks for any help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Poor speed on LTE Network in Camp Pendleton, CA
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mrchrister87,

Keeping you connected wherever you are is always a big deal. We want to make sure you can count on your service. I wouldn't be okay with those speeds either. We're always here to help.

Bars of service showing on a phone are actually for our voice network which also processes regular text messages. That makes sense then that calls and texts work well. The data signal is separate though and while there can be some correlation between locations where you have a strong voice signal and a strong data signal, it isn't exact. Military bases sometimes have unique challenges based on regulations of where towers can be placed as well. The phone likely has a 4G connection but not a strong one.

What is the zip code in the area you're having trouble? Is this mainly an issue inside or outside as well? How long has this been going on?

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Have you called Customer Service at 800-922-0204 or *611 to report the issue and ask for escalation to investigate?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Well you are at a base which means lot of people, probably many of them Verizon customers. Bars have little to do with speed. As far a  3G or 1X Verizon is phasing that out anyway.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mrchrister87,

Keeping you connected wherever you are is always a big deal. We want to make sure you can count on your service. I wouldn't be okay with those speeds either. We're always here to help.

Bars of service showing on a phone are actually for our voice network which also processes regular text messages. That makes sense then that calls and texts work well. The data signal is separate though and while there can be some correlation between locations where you have a strong voice signal and a strong data signal, it isn't exact. Military bases sometimes have unique challenges based on regulations of where towers can be placed as well. The phone likely has a 4G connection but not a strong one.

What is the zip code in the area you're having trouble? Is this mainly an issue inside or outside as well? How long has this been going on?

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes