Poor signal
DJACKLAND
Enthusiast - Level 2

I live less than a quarter-mile away from a substation and tower we have never had good service.  We always have to use the Wi-Fi calling.  Can this be made better???

Labels (1)
Re: Poor signal
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Zip code?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
DJACKLAND
Enthusiast - Level 2

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's best we have a look at this for you, DJACKLAND. We pride ourselves on our reliability, and I’d be just as concerned about not having service.  When you are speaking of service, is it mainly voice service or data service? When you’re less than a quarter-mile away from the tower, is it service indoors or outdoors that’s impacted?

David_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DJACKLAND
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for getting back to me. The service is poor with data and voice. Inside and out. I can drive less then a 1/4 mile from my home and have almost perfect voice and data.

Any help would be appreciated.

David

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
DJACKLAND
Enthusiast - Level 2

These are from a local community site around Grasslawn and my house.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

DJACKLAND wrote:

These are from a local community site around Grasslawn and my house.

Sent from my iPhone

If there were images attached, they didn't come through.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DJACKLAND, thanks for providing that information. My goal is to get to the bottom of this for you. I did some research on that area and I don't see any red flags. Are you aware of other Verizon customers experiencing the same issue? What make and model device are you having issues with? 

Justin_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DJACKLAND
Enthusiast - Level 2

Below is a short list of people in a neighborhood blog site with the same issues.

There are several other threads started with similar statements.

Yes it’s awful. We live at 140th and 70th street and we get poor cell phone coverage there

The whole grasslawn area tends to be a dead zone. We live in 60-01 and even in the complex it's tough to get consistent service 😕 it's been this way for years, unfortunately

I have spoken with a Level 3 support person and Verizon knows of the issue as of two years ago and it's not in the budget.

We enabled Wi-Fi calling on our Verizon phones...able to make calls in the house. Coverage (cell & data) drops once we leave the house till up towards Bridle Trails market area. Like someone else said, it’s been like this for many years.

The basic issue as was explained as not enough cell towers to cover this are, no plans / budget to add more in the area. I had an app I play with for awhile that showed what tower I was connected to at any one time, sort fun but backed up the story that there is just not the Verizon tower to cover this area well. The extender in the house works well, got it for free after my talk with the level 3 guy. But I have still had limited success with WiFi calling. I even ask guest what carrier they use and they all seem to be sub par on 146th, just south of the park.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for those details, DJACKLAND. We want to make sure your network extender is working the way it should. Are you still experiencing dropped calls using the network extender? When did you get the extender?

JeffreyR_VZW

0 Likes