Poor signal area
crazybobcat
Enthusiast - Level 1

Who can I report a poor signal to?

I recently purchased a Nexus 6 to replace my Samsung III. In my current location, I get an occasional 3G signal with zero bars that comes and goes on my Nexus 6. My Samsung III and my wife's Samsung V show the occasional 1x, with no signal strength at all. My co-worker's T-Mobile phone (I don't know the model), however, gets a pretty consistent 3G or 4G signal. I've tried setting a MiFi in the top of the structure, but that doesn't help either.

How can we get signal at this location:

2511 FM 66, Waxahachie, TX 75167

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Poor signal area
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I regret to hear of the issues that you are experiencing with your service. Lets speed things up. How does the service work in other areas? Have you tried to remove the sim card and place back in? Try to turn off WiFi completely and then toggle airplane mode on and back off to test. Let us know how it goes!   LenaA_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport  If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
crazybobcat
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone works just fine in other areas. It's that area where I suffer from

a lack of signal.

I'm sitting in my office in the 76112 zip code right now with full bars.

However, when I go out to my other location in Waxahachie (75167 zip code),

my signal drops and remains too low for use until I leave.

Two minutes down the road, and it's fine again (although not as robust as

here in 76112).

This is my fourth year in a row to make a complaint as I'm only at that

location for 2-3 months out of the year. But, it's very important to have

signal while I'm there.

On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 3:54 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

IslandSon808
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem in my area, particularly in my home. The Verizon sales person who signed me up said not to worry he lives in the area also and has no problems. I get home and super bad connection, 3G or 1x. Call drop, can't hardly send texts, nothing with a picture, superslow down load, etc.  I go back to the store and they refer me to customer service. They test the signal area and say it's good, it must be my home. They suggest I buy from them a $175 network extender, they want more money from me.  When I tell them I want them to provide me this equipment at no cost they give me the line I get from every Verizon customer service rep "Sorry but I can't do anything else for you".  I have leaving Verizon as soon as I can!!

rzrider

I like crazybobcat am having signal issues I live my summers in zip code 83611, and at my house I used to be able to get a pretty constant 1x and some times 3g with 2 or 3 bars. I have a Samsung s4 and lately I haven't been able to get a signal at my house at all. Of course if I travel to one of the higher peaks in the area and restart my phone it will get a good signal. Has Verizon had any changes in the towers in the area and are they planning on adding anything around this area?

0 Likes
ZeroDivision
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also live in an area that is a dead zone on the network.  I'm tempted to try out the T-Mobile Never Settle deal to see if I have better luck.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be heartbroken if you were to go, ZeroDivision! We want to ensure you get the best possible service where you need it most What exactly is happening with your connection? May I have zip code to reference the area?

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ZeroDivision
Enthusiast - Level 2

We either get 1-2 bars or are dropped to 3g on many occasions.  Speettest on the LTE phones will only get around 1-2Mbps on a typical day.  This is across a half dozen LTE devices (iPhone 5c, Samsung S3, Samsung S5, Note 2, HTC One M8, etc).  These phones do not have issues in other areas in the same zip code or other areas of Atlanta.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the detailed information ZeroDivison. I researched the Zip Code and it doesn't reflect any known issues in that area. Do you notice this issue is mostly indoors in your home? Any recent changes that you noticed around the area? Please keep me posted.

GersonG_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
pilotadjuster
Enthusiast - Level 3

You're SOL if it's inside your home.  They "don't guarantee" that service.  I just spent an hour on the phone with customer disservice discussing that exact problem.  My office has perfect service, through concrete walls and even in the elevator.  My own home, second floor, near a WINDOW, dropped calls, only 1 bar of service.  They refuse to activate wifi calling for iPhone 6, so we seem to all need to go to TMobile or Sprint, who DO offer it. 

0 Likes