Poor service
sparkls

I went to Verizon back in March for water damage to my iPhone.  I had always been told since I carry multiple lines on my plan that I can use those upgrades if need be.  The guy at the store was very nice and told me yes I can use the upgrades.  He failed to tell me however, that since the upgrade I was using was on a phone line that was not a smart phone, I'd have to pay to upgrade the data plan.  Then he talked me into the Verizon Edge program.  He didn't give me much more than some fancy details and told me my bill would only be raised about $10 per month.  He said the cost of my phone and the program fee would be in the next two bills, which I got and paid.  Then I started realizing my phone bill was an extra $20 per month and the program itself is not actually anything I would use.  I called today to drop out of the program.  I was never informed that being part of the program was a 2 year contract, I was just told today that I had to pay for the upgraded data plan (on a line my 79 year old grandmother uses in case of emergencies on her non smart phone), the only way I can opt out is to pay the $400 "buy out" fee or return my phone to the store, which would then leave me without a phone.  I was very misinformed joining this stupid program and after saying they would like me to stay loyal since I've been a customer for over 10 years, offered me no real solution to my problem.  They put the fancy spin on it, I paid my dues, and then when I realize this was not all it was made out to be for me, I can't get out of it!  So much for wanting to treat your customers with excellent customer service and wanting to rectify the situation of misinformation of their employees.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Poor service
Snn5
Legend

You decided to buy a Smartphone on a line with a basic phone. that was eligible for an upgrade and that smartphone requires a higher monthly fee.  You chose to use Edge.  It is not a contract.  You have no minimum time you have to be a part of it.  Whenever you want to stop it, pay off the phone and the deal is done.

0 Likes