Poor reception in North San Jose, CA
YYVerizon
Enthusiast - Level 1

I live in North San Jose, CA - Silicon Valley -  where there has been significant increase in population with new developments in the last few years.  With the growth, my network experience with Verizon degraded significantly where I have one bar/dot coverage at home.  My husband who has AT&T has full 5 bar connection with no issues in the same spot.  My Verizon connection is so bad that I consistently get disconnected from phone calls with lost connection - I won't even try to browse anything without WiFi.  What is the process to report bad reception and network coverage? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Poor reception in North San Jose, CA
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

YYVerizon, we completely understand how important it is to have service you can rely on. We want to do everything we can to help. We’d like to ask you a few questions to help us gain a better understanding of what’s taking place. Would you be able to confirm your current zip code in San Jose where you’re coming across these issues? Are these issues occurring indoors or outdoors? Do you happen to know anyone else in the area that uses Verizon and has the same experience?

SamanthaT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
YYVerizon
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the reply. Zip code is 95134 and the issue occurs both indoors and outdoors. Once we head away from the immediate neighborhood, we can enjoy LTE experience.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

YYVerizon, we always want all our customers to get great service with us. We reviewed that area and see no reported issues or network signal problems for the area at all. How far from your home does the service improve?

Are you located in an area with a lot of hills/ mountains? Do you know anyone else with Verizon that is having the same issue? We ask because this could be related to the phone itself.

StevenG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
YYVerizon
Enthusiast - Level 1

Service improves about a mile from my house - the area is in urban area

without any hills or mountains. We are surrounded by residential buildings

and homes rather than hills or mountains. My neighbor has Verizon has same

issue with different version of phone. My husband who has AT&T has no

issues indoors or outdoors. I have no issues once I leave my immediate

home and in most cases have better coverage and stronger coverage than my

husband's AT&T coverage, HOWEVER, not in my own home. I can't have a voice

call in my house.

What are some ways to test whether the phone may be causing the connection

issue? I'll be more than happy to test that out as well.

On Wed, Oct 4, 2017 at 2:21 PM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
Foshingkingdom

The entire 95035 area is very poor service

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes