Poor reception, getting worse
njrover

Hello,  I've been a Verizon Customer for almost 2 years now.   My wife and I had Note 4's, and we constantly experienced weak signal and call drops.  I've called multiple times in the past, towers were inspected, but nothing fixed our poor service.  We recently both upgraded to Note 7's and the signal has gotten even worse.  A majority of incoming calls do not ring and just go to voicemail.  People can't hear us often.

Some information:

Where are you located (zip code)? 07006

Which device do you have? two Note 7's

What specific issues are you experiencing? Weak signal, constantly over >-100dBm or one bar on LTE, or goes to 3g

When did the problem begin? Have noticed constantly since we became customers 2 years ago.

Major Intersection of area; Bond Pl and Runnymede Rd

Thank you,

Ryan

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Poor reception, getting worse
S_MICHELLE0322

I am having the same issues. My phone is constantly going to 1 bar, 1X, 3G, and dropping calls. People are calling me, but my phone never rings. I actually have an iPhone and and in the zip code 37086.  I have been dropping calls daily. Verizon's service was much better than this when I switched about 7 or 8 years ago. I am debating on going to another company. This has been getting worse over the last month or so for me.

It's crazy that you live so far away from me and you are experiencing the same issues. Let me know if you find an answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ryan, we definitely want you to have great service at all times. We researched the zip code you gave us and we do see that is considered a Marginal Coverage area. Please respond to the Private Message we sent you so we can go over options.

AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
njrover

I did not receive a Private Message about this... The only thing in my inbox is this thread.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear about these issues, Michelle. We definitely want to do all we can to get this concern addressed for you. We'd be sad to se eyou go. Are you using your cell phone in any new locations, or still frequenting the same places as before when you had better service?

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
User105
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’ve had Verizon for many many years. I live in the same location I always have. The coverage is worse. Sometimes no phone service at all. This is a big metro city .. My coworkers are having the same problems with Verizon. Not AT&T. Why is it failing? I’ve heard Verizon has put in new 5G towers and disabling some of the older towers which is changing the coverage areas. A customer rep also told me that the more people complain the more Verizon will look into this problem

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We strive to provide reliable service, and we are concerned to learn you are experiencing issues. To better assist, I'll be sending you a Private Note, please reply to it, so we can get started. 

~Maria

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're here to help. Let us know if you need assistance. ~Peter

0 Likes