Poor reception bellevue, NE
dg43
Enthusiast - Level 3

ZIP Code 68123.  Very poor reception, even outside.  Get two bars at most, no 3G service even though the detailed map shows my house is well within 4G area.  Can connect to Wi-Fi, but many apps do not work through the Wi-Fi, including the Google Play Store.  Anyone else having similar problems?  Two fairly new Droid Ultra phones.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Poor reception bellevue, NE
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning dg43! I'm sorry to learn that you are experiencing service issues. No alerts are noted for Bellvue. I understand that you are experiencing poor reception, let's get more details about this issue so that we can provide troubleshooting options. When did this issue start? Did you get better reception in your home before? Does service improve if you power cycle your phones? All data applications should work fine while connected to WiFi, have you reset your WiFi router?

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
dg43
Enthusiast - Level 3

It has always been fairly poor, but has gotten almost intolerable lately, say the last six months.  I called tech support at Verizonwireless a while back and was told the phones are not designed to work indoors. I am now receiving one bar of service.  I did a power off reset.  When it came back on, it started with three bars, but with in one minute was back to one bar.  I will reset my WiFi router as soon as I can and let you know what happens.  The Google Play seems to be working after the power off reset, at least for now.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

How close to Offutt are you? Is it hilly in the area where reception is worse?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
dg43
Enthusiast - Level 3

About 5 miles from Offutt.  Yes it is hilly and we live at the bottom of a hill. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would suspect that the towers are being blocked by the hills for line of sight.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
liztish6080

having same problem in NYC. no ability to make or receive calls from apartment and rest of neighborhood is only one bar.

0 Likes
dg43
Enthusiast - Level 3

Was at my son's home yesterday.  Same area but not at the bottom of any hill.  Within site of a large shopping area and no 4G service at all.  I think I will drive around town (with gas so far down) and see just where (if) I can get 4G.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We strive to offer you the best possible service where you need it most, dg43! Did the service improve as you stepped outside of the home? Was this only affecting data reception or voice service as well?

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes