Poor/no wireless signal
Mina_van_H

You VerizonWireless have a serious problem !!!!! Since you initiated the XLTE up grade in the metro Philadelphia area, the surrounding counties have lost usable signal strength. My home in western Chester County was getting 4~5 bars on 3G and 2 on 4G/LTE. Currently as I am typing this, All of my phiones and tablets have ZERO SIGNAL.  This is totally unacceptable. I can't even call your customer service because of this situation. According to your coverage maps my home resides in your 4G Extended zone and 2 blocks away the standard 4G LTE is indicated. I can't send a 2G SMS !!!!!! This is your coverage problem, NOT MY HARDWARE. Both myself and my spouse work in the Eastern Chester County/Delaware County/Montgomery County areas. We have no problems on the road or in our offices. Berks/Lancaster counties are excellent for both 3G/4G LTE. Once passing the West Chester area ... that's when your signals drop. Coatesville, Parksburg,  Honey Brook, Downingtown, Exton are all hit and miss. Exiting the RT 30 Bypass in Downingtown and turning North onto PA RT 322... you instantly loose signal... Same thing happens in the Coatesville area at RT 30 Bypass PA RT 82. According to several online resources your company has 3 towers along the PA RT 30 corridor and 2 in the northwestern section of Chester County...

One of my regular stop-off areas is a Wawa store and the intersection of PA RT 29 and PA RT 202 (Chester County - Paoli/Malvern) I used to get full signal on 2G/3G/4G LTE in this parking lot. Now if I can manage a 1~2 bar signal, I feel quite lucky. I used to be with SPRINT/Nextel, they had poor bandwith in this area but a great 3G/4 WIMAX signal. My company switched to your PPT system, needless to say I had to do the same with my personal phone that doubles as a company back-up. PLEASE GET THIS RESOLVED......................

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Poor/no wireless signal
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mina_van_H, oh dear. I'm sorry that you are experiencing these issues with your service. I appreciate all the information you have provided. Can you please provide your zip code, so we can review the general area.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes