Poor data connection with Verizon & no attach of pictures
ellenyates

I have had poor data connection. If I am connected to Wifi at home even (I have Verizon there).  But today I was at Staples in Tysons Corner.  I had 3 bars on my cell, I was connected to their WiFi, and it would not allow me to search the internet.  The salesman got in and his service is MetroPCS.

I have also had problems where I try to attach a photo to a text. Before, it was not problem. But in the last month, it comes back delayed.  The same thing for videos - I post to Facebook and it does not happen.  Then, when it says, try again, it says attach as a text message instead.  I do that and it still gets to the half way point and does not load.

The sales man at Staples (who does not cell service) told me that it is not my phone (I have an IPhone7 with over 100 GB) but it is the service.  I am considering changing to another provider.  I am disappointed with the customer service - I had a 4 hour nightmare to get my Iphone. I did not buy it from Verizon but Apple outright because I did not want to be tied to the carrier.

Verizon made me switch from a business to a private account to do this.  I avoid going into their stores as I don't know which are the "real" thing and which are the resellers.  If I go to the resellers I don't get the whole story. If I go to the "real" store, they are monopolized by people and it takes so much time to get help.

I am frustrated and now with the data connection which I depend on for my work.  I won't get started with the issues with Verizon with data connection at my house. That is next.  I will try to get this solved first.

Thank you.

Ellen

A frustrated customer that switched from Sprint as I thought Verizon data connection was better

Sprint by the way was so much more customer service oriented.  Their data at the time was not as good (but now I don't know) but whenever I had a problem they would bend over backwards to help me and eat the costs.  Not with Verizon.  No apologies even.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Poor data connection with Verizon & no attach of pictures
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of staying connected/ Let's get this resolved. What is the make and model of your device? Do you currently have Wi-Fi at your home?

TabithaJ_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
ellenyates

I have IPhone6s

At home I have verizon Fios

Not there to Check modem number but could check my home number acct which

is [removed]

Personal Information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
ellenyates

I have an Iphone 6s. It is my wireless connection that is the problem with sending photos.  I also could not search the internet in the Staples store in Tysons Corner, VA when the salesman could. He had Metro PCS and there was a wifi connection.  This happens a lot and the reception has gotten worse.  

As far as my home, getting reception in the upstairs despite having extended routers has gotten worse.  Our modem at home is Actiontec MI424WR Rev. We have FIOS internet, home phone, voicemail, cable. 

Also, I have a private wireless but should be corporate.  I had to change it to purchase my Iphone 6s outright from Apple according to both Apple & Verizon.  It was a 4 hour plus nightmare to do this.  Now, I want to add another employee and another line.  I will have a total of 4 lines. 

0 Likes
andreas_vzw
Verizon Employee

I rely on WiFi to keep me connected throughout my day, and I want to ensure your phone is able to connect, ellenyates. Based on the information you have provided, it appears your phone is having issues with multiple WiFi sources. How is your data service when only using 4G LTE? Do you have other devices that can successfully use WiFi? Please ensure your software is up to date by going to Settings>General>Software Update.

AndreaS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to get this resolved. May we ask if you have always had this difficulty or if this recently just began? KleoL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes